Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
I just received my MBP back from AppleCare. Its about 1 year, 3 months old. The display died, and they replaced part# 605-1211.

It states on the Service Details:

Parts Used:
605-1211 SCV, PCBA, MLB, 2.2GHZ

I take it MLB stands for Main Logic Board ?? What does SCV and PCBA mean?

Also, the repair center scratched the bottom of my MBP. Thinking about calling AppleCare about this, they should be more careful...

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
PCBA stands for Power Connection Board Assembly I believe, but that's may just be something I've made up in my own mind. No idea what SCV means.

Depending on how bad the scratches are, might be worth calling and complaining. You're right, they shouldn't scratch it, though it will occasionally happen.

jW

Bobeder9

macrumors member
Jul 10, 2008
They treated it like it was the Video Card that went out. That is why they replaced the logic board. I would call them about scratching your MBP. I would be mad if they scratched mine.

techmonkey

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
They treated it like it was the Video Card that went out. That is why they replaced the logic board. I would call them about scratching your MBP. I would be mad if they scratched mine.

Yea, the video went out. I wasn't able to get video hooking it to an external monitor. I was able to access my files over the network though. I didn't know the video card was on the main logic board. I thought that only integrated graphics were on the main board. Seems like it would be cheaper for manufactures if the graphics were separate...

Yarman

macrumors newbie
Oct 30, 2008
Same here

I just got my MBP Santa Rosa rev 1 back from Apple, replaced 605-1790 the PCBA, MLB 2.2 with a revision 2. Video died; luckily I was able to access and BU hard drive in Target Disk Mode. Also had extended Applecare, called them, then took it to local reseller, who shipped it to Apple, which all told took about 8 days. Applecare rep said there has been more of these failures than normal.

GeeYouEye

macrumors 68000
Dec 9, 2001
State of Denial
Technically, all graphics on laptops are integrated (with some very rare exceptions). Whether it's called integrated or discrete is dependent on whether the chip would ordinarily be soldered to a desktop motherboard, or if it's available on a PCI/AGP/PCIe expansion card.

byeehaaw

macrumors 6502
May 7, 2007
New York, NY
if you guys have had multiple problems with your macbook pro hardware you can complain to applecare. i had like 3 diff hardware problems, and yesterday a 4th. i complained and showed frustration and i asked about a replacement option. I just signed the replacement papers this morning and they are going to ship me a brand new macbook pro.

brenfrank

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2009
Hi there,

Same MBP problem here. I had my logic board replaced too by my apple reseller, free of charge.

On the invoice, the item description reads that same: "SAV PCBA, MLB, 2.4 GHZ, REV2"

Now in the system profiler it displays among other specs: "GeForce 8600M GT, Revision ID: 0x00a1, ROM Revision: 3175"

How can I be sure that the reseller actually built in a Revision 2 model?

Best,

br

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.