Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the_wallcrawler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2003
you may have read earlier about my network card getting fried. well now ill be picking up a wireless card for my tibook 400. would the old airport card work best?

cpjakes

macrumors 6502
Aug 15, 2003
Buffalo, NY
the_wallcrawler said:
you may have read earlier about my network card getting fried. well now ill be picking up a wireless card for my tibook 400. would the old airport card work best?

That's the only one that will work internally, actually. There are some PCMCIA cards that work, but the internal one is just so much more elegant. Plus you don't have to worry about breaking the card off because it sticks out from the machine.

cpjakes

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
i would reccomend getting the airport extreme card with the converter module (both available from apple.com/store) you may as well go up to airport extreme... otheriwse, you can still get an old airport card (native to your laptop) from apple.com/store as well.

good luck!

(sorry about the network card)

idkew

macrumors 68020
michaelrjohnson said:
i would reccomend getting the airport extreme card with the converter module (both available from apple.com/store) you may as well go up to airport extreme... otheriwse, you can still get an old airport card (native to your laptop) from apple.com/store as well.

good luck!

(sorry about the network card)

there is NO converter for an airport extreme card to fit in your TiBook internally. The converter at the apple store is for a different purpose.

i would go on eBay and get a used, working original airport card and call it a day. i would not get an external card. you have a laptop for portability, why have an extra thing to tote around?

the_wallcrawler

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 16, 2003
to late everyone...........i stopped by my local apple store and bought a brand new airport card. i typing on my tibook with it as we speak....

maybe my nic getting fried was a blessing in disguise. i've been wanting to go wireless for awhile now, i just never pulled the trigger.

thanks for all the advice!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.