Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jakeopolis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
hey all,

my dad will be buying an iphone and uses a PC. he needs to be able to view/edit his contacts on his computer (in an "address book" type application), but also sync them seamlessly and automatically with his iphone. i've heard outlook would work, but he doesn't use that for mail. what about windows address book?

thanks!

daihard

macrumors 6502a
Feb 19, 2008
Seattle, WA
hey all,

my dad will be buying an iphone and uses a PC. he needs to be able to view/edit his contacts on his computer (in an "address book" type application), but also sync them seamlessly and automatically with his iphone. i've heard outlook would work, but he doesn't use that for mail. what about windows address book?

On Vista, I believe it is Windows Address Book that the iPhone syncs with. Which version of Windows does your father use?

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
hey all,

thanks!

You can use Windows Address Book or Outlook. However, I would suggest using Outlook, since it does a better job of syncing than WAB. Just create a hotmail account and don't use it.

jakeopolis

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2007
On Vista, I believe it is Windows Address Book that the iPhone syncs with. Which version of Windows does your father use?

he's using XP - i've been reading that itunes (on PC) will sync with address book for windows, does anyone know if this is true/easy? i'm a mac guy so my pc knowledge is kind of limited.

thanks!

-aggie-

macrumors P6
Jun 19, 2009
Where bunnies are welcome.
he's using XP - i've been reading that itunes (on PC) will sync with address book for windows, does anyone know if this is true/easy? i'm a mac guy so my pc knowledge is kind of limited.

thanks!

I've already told you to use Outlook.

And Outlook or WAB is easy. However, Outlook will give you a better sync. You'll also get the pics that you associate with contacts if you use Outlook.

Use Outlook. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.