Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ambrose Chapel

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 24, 2002
Massachusetts
I remember a few years ago Apple announced that if you traded in an old iPod for recycling when you bought a new one you received a 10 percent discount. Is that still the case?

Lorenz0

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2009
I know its all about the Environmental Awareness, but is 10% really that great of a deal? I mean, would you sell your ipod to someone who offered you the equivalent cash sum - seems a bit low...

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I know its all about the Environmental Awareness, but is 10% really that great of a deal? I mean, would you sell your ipod to someone who offered you the equivalent cash sum - seems a bit low...

If you're iPod is water damaged, broken beyond repair, that sounds like a good deal to me. It's better than nothing. Don't forget the incentive is so the iPods get recycled and not end up in landfills. If you sell the iPod, it accomplishes the same goal.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
If you're iPod is water damaged, broken beyond repair, that sounds like a good deal to me. It's better than nothing. Don't forget the incentive is so the iPods get recycled and not end up in landfills. If you sell the iPod, it accomplishes the same goal.

My Video with a broken clickwheel and hard drive cable that won't stay in might be worth trading in.... except it still can be coerced into changing playlists and i can pile it full of "stuff" for the kids, and it's easier to change when driving down the road.... guess it will depend on how broke i am and how bad i want the new Touch!

tabasco70

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2009
Japan

Well if your iPod is broken/doesn't work, then it's a good deal.
Or are there rules/limitations on how 'broken' it can be to sell it?

gan6660

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2008
I have a pretty broken ipod nano that I got off of ebay for $0.01 so I'll use it for $20 off a new ipod touch or classic.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.