Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Hi,

in my iTunes software I have the option Store->Check for Available Downloads, but when I do this it doesn't fetch any additional downloads into my PC.

And I know for a fact I have purchased quite a few apps into my iPhone that have not been synchronized into the PC yet.

Is this functionality broken or I'm just not understanding what it's purpose is? One would think it would download all my purchased apps if not already on the PC.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Check for downloads will only download anything that hasn't either been downloaded to your iPhone or computer, whichever downloads it first.

An example is when you buy a TV show season pass, every week the episode will be sent to you to download and you can get it by selecting check for available downloads.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
Check for downloads will only download anything that hasn't either been downloaded to your iPhone or computer, whichever downloads it first.

An example is when you buy a TV show season pass, every week the episode will be sent to you to download and you can get it by selecting check for available downloads.

Hmm, ok, I guess that explains it.

But suppose I have my apps on my iPhone only, and delete them from there. Is there no way for iTunes or iPhone's App Store to check which software I have previously purchased and download it accordingly?

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Hmm, ok, I guess that explains it.

But suppose I have my apps on my iPhone only, and delete them from there. Is there no way for iTunes or iPhone's App Store to check which software I have previously purchased and download it accordingly?

The only way to get them back is to download them again from the apps page within iTunes either on the iPhone or on your computer. The download will be free.

globalist

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 19, 2009
The only way to get them back is to download them again from the apps page within iTunes either on the iPhone or on your computer. The download will be free.

I know, but I have purchased like 10s of apps and cannot remember the name of each one of them. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.