Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jman995x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Hello,

Is there a "Save Image As..." shortcut key on the mac so that I don't have to use the standard Ctrl/Scroll/Click of the context menu?

Thanks,

Jman995x

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Won't work. You need the mouse position to determine which image you want to download, which is why it's a context menu on the right mouse click.

jman995x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Forgot to clarify.
I'm on a website that is done in Flash and they have a Flash photo window that pops up to let you view the photos in a particular album.
However, since these photos are within a Flash console, I'm not able to drag-n-drop the photos I want on to my desktop.
While I can do the "Ctrl/Save Image As..." method, if I want to save more than a couple of pictures (over time that is, not in one shot), I'd love to be able to assign a string of keys (as a shortcut) to save the picture in the current window (therefore the mouse wouldn't have to be exactly over the picture in question, it would just save whatever picture is in the current window).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Justin

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Same story. There's no way for a shortcut key to know where a particular picture is located on a web page. That's why you have to specify with the mouse exactly what you want to save. A web page, even if it just has one picture on it, usually has other elements that could be saved. You won't find a shortcut key to do what you want, especially with a flash page.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.