Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KMK420

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Got my phone jailbroken, phone is functioning...

Problem is, Cydia constantly crashes.

Let me begin by saying this much...ive tried restoring through itunes and re-jailbreaking, (by hitting restore, waiting, then re-jailbreaking with redsn0w)...second, resetting phone/rebooting phone makes no difference.

i don't have wifi, nor do i have an SSH program on the iphone as Cydia won't open to download it.

the cydia.log says..

dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem

But i obviously need to terminal into the iPhone...correct? Well, again, i have NO wifi, and Cydia won't open.

Help?!

KMK420

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 9, 2008
Sigh, figures i find a fix after i post...

For those who may find it useful, going to /var/lib/dpkg/updates and deleting all the numbered files and re-opening cydia worked.

apple1up

macrumors newbie
Sep 2, 2010
Please help!

KMK420,

I've been running into the same issues. I do have wifi, but I did not install openssh prior to my cydia crashing on me. I am very new to the iphone and how it works. I had someone else jailbreak/unlock the phone for me. So please forgive me. I've been looking for days on youtube and forums for fixes but most of them require me to dial into my phone...but because I don't have openssh or ifile, it is impossible. I've tried rejailbreaking and even restoring, but nothing has worked. I've also looked tried saving my SHSH Blob in hopes that i can upgrade, restore then downgrade my itunes, but it says I am missing some sort of file. I'm running in circles.:confused:

Please Please Please help!

Thanks in advance.

Apple1Up
iPhone 3G
3.1.3 (7E18) | 5.12.01
T-Mobile Network

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.