Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I'm currently in my 10-day trial of intelliscreen, and I'm trying to decide if I'm going to pay for the program once my 10-day trial is up. I do like the program but I don't want to use it if it's going to kill my battery or screw up my phone in any other way. The screenshot posted is from today and I'm not sure if this battery life is good, bad, normal, etc. I sent and received about a dozen emails or so (push enabled), sent and received about 25 text messages, listened to PocketTunes for about 2 hours while utilizing backgrounder, received one phone call and made one phone call over 3G (2 minutes total), made 2 Skype calls over 3G (about 35 minutes total), watched a minute or two of Slingplayer over 3G, and did some extremely light web-browsing (no more than 10 minutes or so and most of it was over 3G). Bluetooth was on although none of the calls were over bluetooth, location services were on, wifi was on (I was only connected to wifi for a minute or two of web browsing though). I keep my brightness set pretty low as well (between the b and the r). I think that about covers it, so I hope I gave enough information.

How does this look to you guys? It's really tough to figure out how much a program is affecting your battery life unless it's draining ridiculously fast.

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    photo-5.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 76

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Looks fine to me. I had a lot of crashing into safe mode with intelliscreen tho.

Thanks for the reply. My 10-day trial is up and I'm trying to decide if I want to buy the program. I didn't have any crashing but I did have a few issues:

1. Sometimes intelliscreen will just disappear from my lockscreen. A respring brings it back but it's kind of annoying.

2. Deleting emails within quickview is a pain. Sometimes I have to hit the garbage can icon several times before the email is actually moved to the trash.

3. Closing quickview is difficult (hitting the 'x' in the corner is tough). I sent intelliborn a suggestion to allow quickview to be closed by pressing the home button - seems like a no-brainer to me.

I had some other issues as well but those are the major ones. It really is a very useful program though. Apple should figure out a way to bring this funcationality to the iphone without having to jailbreak - it's a great way to take advantage of an otherwise useless lockscreen.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Look at lockinfo. Its free and way better.

And isn't a processor/battery hog.

I haven't noticed any slowdown with Intelliscreen so far and it hasn't caused any crashes either. I actually installed LockInfo to try it out - it's a nice little program, but I liked Intelliscreen better. I know the downsides of Intelliscreen, but it provides more functionality than LockScreen. When/if LockScreen manages to add some of Intelliscreen's more useful options (QuickView, for example), I'll look into it again. I don't like the idea of using Winterboard either so that makes Lockscreen even more unattractive to me.

I know that Saurik isn't a fan of IS, so I'm hoping that Intelliborn will see that as a reason to make some improvements to the way the program works.

lionheartednyhc

macrumors 65816
Jul 13, 2009
I haven't noticed any slowdown with Intelliscreen so far and it hasn't caused any crashes either. I actually installed LockInfo to try it out - it's a nice little program, but I liked Intelliscreen better. I know the downsides of Intelliscreen, but it provides more functionality than LockScreen. When/if LockScreen manages to add some of Intelliscreen's more useful options (QuickView, for example), I'll look into it again. I don't like the idea of using Winterboard either so that makes Lockscreen even more unattractive to me.

I know that Saurik isn't a fan of IS, so I'm hoping that Intelliborn will see that as a reason to make some improvements to the way the program works.

Other than quickview, what functionality do you need? I would prefer to use winterboard before I ever installed RYP..

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Other than quickview, what functionality do you need? I would prefer to use winterboard before I ever installed RYP..

Quickview is a huge one. Not having to unlock your phone and open up the mail app to actually read an email is very convenient. I'm a fan of status bar icons as well. I also like the fact that everything can be configured without using SSH. I know that you can do that with Lockscreen if you use the matte theme but it seems like Lockscreen is a bit more difficult to configure. I don't want to deal with SSH unless it's really necessary.

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
Intelliscreen runs fine on my 3G and doesn't do anything to the battery.

Get ready for all the Intelliscreen haters to come out of the woodwork, like bugs when you turn over a rock. They're genetically afraid of it and RYP.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Intelliscreen runs fine on my 3G and doesn't do anything to the battery.

Get ready for all the Intelliscreen haters to come out of the woodwork, like bugs when you turn over a rock. They're genetically afraid of it and RYP.

What exactly is it about RYP that people don't like?

MikePA

macrumors 68020
Aug 17, 2008
What exactly is it about RYP that people don't like?

Beats me. It installs on your phone just like App Store or Cydia. Maybe that's what they don't like. I'm sure one of them will jump in and explain, but you may be no wiser after they do.

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
Beats me. It installs on your phone just like App Store or Cydia. Maybe that's what they don't like. I'm sure one of them will jump in and explain, but you may be no wiser after they do.

That's what it looks like to me as well. Maybe people don't like the way it handles your licenses, updates, etc. Seems harmless to me though.

Chiny

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
I've had IntelliScreen ever since 1.1.4 days, and they have majorly improve that app from those days, any way by running all those things on ur phone it kills the battery especially the bluetooth, also the location, and the push mail that stuff will run that battery quick.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.