Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RazHyena

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
USA
Apple could have had $300 from me today if the new iPod Touch had a built in camera with video. The iPod Touch update is lame.

I'm confused. Why didn't the Touch get a camera? I mean the Nano update is pretty slick but why would the Touch be left out? :confused:

Stiss

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2009
England
Apple could have had $300 from me today if the new iPod Touch had a built in camera with video. The iPod Touch update is lame.

Yeah i agree, with 20 million touches sold world wide, only topped by the 30 million iPhones you think they would of give one of there top 3 products a major upgrade to really stay ahead of the competition. No Oled screen either =[.

*LTD*

macrumors G4
Feb 5, 2009
Canada
Yeah i agree, with 20 million touches sold world wide, only topped by the 30 million iPhones you think they would of give one of there top 3 products a major upgrade to really stay ahead of the competition. No Oled screen either =[.

What competition?

PeterQVenkman

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2005
It's down to a Zune HD or iPod Nano now for me. I can't justify the price of that iPod touch for so little added.

The app store is nice, but I don't need another gaming device.

AtHomeBoy_2000

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2005
Skype on "new" iPod Touches

So, the "new" 32G and 64G iPod Touches feature "Earphones with Remote and Mic".

Could that mean the high end touches could run the Skype app???

JasO

macrumors regular
Jan 11, 2008
Melbourne, Australia
Glad I returned my 16GB Nano not one month ago. I would imagine folks who purchased last gen Nanos' over the last few weeks would feel a little 'hard done by'.

Iori

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2009
There is a stainless steel nano being sold exclusively on the online apple store.

Attachments

• steel.png
    steel.png
    60.6 KB · Views: 5,789

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Looks like I'm $400 richer for a while. Next update when I can get GPS and 64GB, and the Touch didn't cross the bar. Figure I'll buy in again next year when either the iPhone grows, or the Touch adds GPS.

elhungarian

macrumors 6502
Aug 13, 2009
Can't believe touch didn't get camera..
Also what happened to the 16gb ipod touch? Is it getting camera before christmas?

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
nano = nice update!

classic = yippee, it lives on! Of course they had a 160gb version two years ago, so nothing new here...

touch = meh. At least it is higher capacity and faster. Cool if you are a gamer. I think no camera (yet) because they don't want to cannibalize iphone sales.

shuffle = gosh I hate that thing. Put the controls back on the unit please! I don't care how many crappy third party headphones with controls come out for it.

itunes = more bloat to make it even slower! Can we please get a de-featured no store, music only itunes lite please?

Cordless_Drill

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2004
Montgomery, Ala., USA
Am I the only one who still loves a Classic?

Love em, love em, love em. I have a Classic for "normal" use, a 1G nano for the gym and a 3G iPhone for ... a phone. I'm thrilled with that lineup.

I like Apple.

ps: I won't be buying anything introduced today. No need.

RazHyena

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
USA
Um . . . Apple has had nothing but ideas for the last decade. Apple is really the only one that has had any ideas worth anything lately. And then everyone else lines up to copy.

iPods are slowly being eclipsed by iPhones. The phoneless mp3/mediaplayer is dying. We all need to accept that.

Oh please, not everyone likes their phone and mp3 player all in one.

chas0001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2006
Alicante, SPAIN
I think that the iPod Touch was definitely due a camera. They must have withdrawn it at the last moment. Its makes no sense otherwise.

ipodtouch-user

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2009
Apple blew it

This is a HUGE disappointment for us ipod touch 2G users. How lame is it to offer video camera and built-in mic for the nano, and nothing for the touch. The storage upgrades (to 64GB) are practically worthless -- who is going to shell out the dough just for memory increase, especially if you aren't even able to shoot video (a reason extra storage might even be useful).

Oh, but we get a firmware upgrade --- BFD.

Seriously, ipod touch users are getting the shaft yet again (a microphone should have been built into the first one to begin with, and there isn't even voice command support if you plug a mic in).

The "no camera/mic" news is a complete deal-breaker on this one, and very aggravating to boot.

Truly lame Apple. :(

Mexbearpig

macrumors 65816
Dec 26, 2008
Here
Wow Apple, really? I was stoked for the camera. And then the NANO gets a camera and the touch doesnt. Come on.
Now im just waiting for the 2G vs 3G speed test to see if I should get a refurb :mad:

apparatchik

macrumors 6502a
Mar 6, 2008
Im really disappointed to see the nano gets an FM Tunner, a Pedometer and a Videocamera with mic, and the Touch gets nothing but an unsurprising capacity bump, Im still buying an iTouch, but the FM Tunner and camara would made this a truly significant upgrade... Im looking to replace my 2 years old cybershot and my recently dead 5Gen iPod and a single devide for both would been awesome....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.