Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EmilyMayhem

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2009
Just an update on my situation (Houston, Texas, 3GS with 3.1 and 5.1): It works now. :D
It's a little slow, but I've been able to both send and receive.
I don't remember everything I did, but I know I restarted my phone multiple times, reset all network settings, and messed with the stuff under Settings > General > Network > Cellular Data Network (but it's at default again, I'm pretty sure). It wasn't working this morning, but I tried around 1:30 and it's been working ever since. :)

rjohnstone

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2007
PHX, AZ.
Are the only ones who got it to work actually using a non-jailbroken phone?
My 3GS is not jailbroken.
Just using the 5.1 file.

It seems AT&T is performing a rolling deployment of MMS to each region/tower or whatever.
The "flip of the switch" would be the carrier file I would assume.
This would explain a lot if it is in fact the case.

number87

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2009
Yes, and name it IPCC.

I have all the options now, just can't send a damn pic still. Sucks.

yeah i figured it out. tired sending a pic but it doesnt work. its weird cause someone on here said that lake charles, la and new orleans, la worked. im in lafayette, la which is dead in the middle of the two and still doesnt work.

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
From what I am reading it's because they have family messaging enabled, which from what I can see would raise my account 10 bucks.

I'll just wait till Sept. 25th

JGruber

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2006
I the family messaging plan, and it doesn't work for me at all. Sending to an iPhone or non-iPhone. Based in the IE in Ca.

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Orange County - AT&T is out with their trucks working on things so that could be why its not working / could be working soon.

dkh587

macrumors regular
Jan 29, 2009
Upstate South Carolina here. Updated to 3.1, and then loaded the carrier file. MMS working! I turned on airplane mode, opened messages, no icon, turned off airplane mode, and went back to messages, BOOM, icon up! I also have a regular texting plan and not the iPhone texting plan..

Mystikal

macrumors 68020
Oct 4, 2007
Irvine, CA
Still not working for me in the OC. Ill leave the carrier file on and try it periodically.

5.1 IPCC, OS 3.0, ive rebooted, reset settings then rebooted, and entered the username and pass in settings and rebooted and no luck. Don't have the family text plan. Cant send to myself or receive from others. Interesting...

bobpedro

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2007
tethering still working as well. Videos are tiny when sent to an email address via mms tho... really blocky.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.