Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
Hi there,

The text below the icons on my desktop has a distorted shadow below it. The normal shadow is there but there is also a much thicker shadow along the button and on the sides of the text. It goes away if i select all the icons,
but it keeps coming back. :mad:

I was just wondering is this a graphics card issue or is it just the simple matter of updating the graphics card drivers? If so where do i do it? (ATI Radeon 9600 64mb)

Is this a common problem with the PBs?

Thank you!

yoman

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2003
In the Bowels of the Cosmos
EGT said:
Hi there,

The text below the icons on my desktop has a distorted shadow below it. The normal shadow is there but there is also a much thicker shadow along the button and on the sides of the text. It goes away if i select all the icons,

I was just wondering is this a graphics card issue or is it just the simple matter of updating the graphics card drivers? If so where do i do it? (ATI Radeon 9600 64mb)

Thank you!

press Apple+option+escape then select Finder and relaunch

works every time.

nesbitt_a

macrumors 6502
Nov 1, 2003
I've seen this a couple of times on my powerbook - doubt its a hardware issue, probably just finder playing up. Relaunching always does the trick.

Andrew

kettle

macrumors 65816
me too, old problem

EGT said:
Hi there,

Thank you!

I have this too sometimes. It isn't a simple case of updating the ATi drivers either, did that no joy.

We're in the same boat, just don't listen to "quit the finder" or "restart fixes it every time" comments. That's what you should expect in Micro$oft Windoze world.

FYI I have had this problem since 10.3. ho hum :confused: :(

10.3.3 Sawtooth 450 1280MB Ati8500 running Dual 19's

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
i have the same issue on ONE of my many desktop icons, clicking makes it go away for a while... no idea what the issue is, but it's kinda irritating!

EGT

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Sep 4, 2003
Yeah clicking on it or selecting it does the trick but its annoying after working on the mac for a while and it's happening everytime you go back to the desktop.

:mad: dohhhh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.