Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
California
Hello Peeps!

I was just wondering... is there a native facebook client for mac? Much like "tweetie" for twitter? I'm unable to find one. Any ideas/responses are appreciated. Also, I guess that after Safari 4 leaves beta, the "Save As Webapp will be unlocked.

bli625

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2009
Just get Adium and connect to facebook. That's what I use. With Adium, you can connect to AIM, Yahoo, MSN, whatever you want.

bli625

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2009
I don't think there is. Just use Adium to connect with the facebook protocol.

messedkid

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2007
Oshawa, ON
If you don't mind switching browser, I suggest Flock.
It lets you manage many social network accounts in the sidebar, such as Facebook, Myspace and Twitter.
Easily find Photos and Videos on Youtube, Flickr and Truveo, and integrated email support for GMAIL, Yahoo and AOL

http://www.flock.com/

varunsanthanam

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 28, 2007
California
Thank you all for you help. It appears for a solo facebook app, we will just have to wait for the final version of Safari 4 Beta. However, I think flock and EventBox are good current solutions.

poisenedapple

macrumors member
Mar 18, 2009
adium is for IMing only I thought...explain plz.

Just get Adium and connect to facebook. That's what I use. With Adium, you can connect to AIM, Yahoo, MSN, whatever you want.

Hey what's up?
I use Adium...
Can you interact with Facebook/Myspace though?
and how do you use Adium with Twitter?

Check out my scenario:

Best multi-instant messenger / social networking client?

Okay, so I have an intel Mac (Macbook)... and I use Crossover, so I can run Wind0ze apps such as Digsby. I am trying to find something to use for Twitter, Facebook, Blogger (definitely those).

I have Adium for IMing for myspace, facebook, yahoo, msn, aim, etc

and Digsby (and with Digsby, Facebook - not the IM part, but the social networking part doesn't work)...

I need something for the following (and the asterisk are definite)...and interaction w/ social networks is nice too:

========================

Social Networks I use:
**Twitter
**Facebook
**Blogger
**Youtube
*Myspace
LJ
Hi5
last.fm
project playlist (playlist.com)
pandora
etc

=============

IM networks:
**AIM
**Facebook
**Google Talk
*Yahoo
MSN
Myspace

================

Clients I've used recently: Adium and Digsby
and with Digsby I ran via CrossOver... (CrossOver is used to run wind0ze apps w/o wind0ze on an intel mac, in my case my Macbook)
I use HelloTxt.com (the website from my web browser)...
<from my googling I saw that HelloTxt is in the process of working on an app). I've googled looking for apps, and have found: -Digsby (where Facebook the interactive social networking part of it doesn't work for some reason)... -I found a few apps that use Adobe-Air -I've found 8Hands -I saw the Flock Browser

pkoch1

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2007
Boston
You could create one using fluid, but it would only be its own application used to access the Facebook website, not a new interface for it.

MAC-PRO-DEMON

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2008
Up north in Yorkshire :)
What you can do is use Fluid to create a SSB for the mobile facebook face and then put it in your Menubar. It works pretty well.

http://fluidapp.com/

I second that (Even though I use Eventbox :eek:)...

You can also use this awesome icon for it!!

3070717584A1AE6B282466_m.png

The other thing that you can do is to create a Dashboard widget within Safari 4 of Facebook... then use Onyx to bring it onto the desktop... but that is a faf LOL...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.