Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rooster676

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
Hi all-
I have a very old ipod-one of the first 20gig models-black and white screen, circa 2005. I was just uploading some music to it, disconnected it and the screen has a check mark and says "ok to disconnect" but its frozen like that, I can't get it to shut off or do anything. Tried plugging it back in-was able to upload more music, could look at the contents and the screen at that point said "do not disconnect"-which is normal. This gave me hope til I disconnected and alas, the "ok to disconnect" screen came back on.

what can I do? has this happened to any one of you before? help!

rooster:(

rooster676

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
I tried this, didn't budge. one thing I forgot to mention-on the top of the screen, it says "disk mode" - does this mean anything?

I might have disconnected it too soon? i dunno, this has never happened before, in fact, I have never seen this screen before!

:(

rooster676

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2009
never mind.....

ok, I tried holding down the center and menu button a you instructed for a really long time, and you were right! thanks....

whew...

rooster

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.