Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KooBrewoP

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2004
behind you!
Anyone know where to get those cool desktops that span 2 monitors, the ones apple uses to show off dual displays? :confused:

NusuniAdmin

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2003
KooBrewoP said:
Anyone know where to get those cool desktops that span 2 monitors, the ones apple uses to show off dual displays? :confused:

it has nothing to do with the desktop, they simpley have a video card with 2 ports (or even 2 video cards), plug in monitors and rock and roll.

or by desktop do you mean literaly desk top? If thats true then I dont know where to get them.

jimsowden

macrumors 68000
Sep 6, 2003
NY
Yah, i'm sure he means the pictures. Apple gets them from a stock library of digital pictures, and then tweak them. They only ever are shown on the photos, and aren't for download or anything. If you want, you could find a pic of dual monitors on apple.com/pr/ but it will still be low res. Your best hope to get a dual monitor desktop is to go to digitalblasphamy. They have CGI desktops that are two sections, one for the left and one for the right monitor.

KooBrewoP

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 19, 2004
behind you!
thanks a lot.

Is their some function on the mac that i am missing that allows you to set them correctly on both monitors automatically, or do you have to manually cut and paste them in to 2 separate images before putting them up as backgrounds?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
KooBrewoP said:
thanks a lot.

Is their some function on the mac that i am missing that allows you to set them correctly on both monitors automatically, or do you have to manually cut and paste them in to 2 separate images before putting them up as backgrounds?
You have to split them yourself :(

g30ffr3y

macrumors 6502a
Jul 18, 2002
buffalo ny
deviant art has cool ones too... its not hard to split them... just pull the image up in photoshop or whatever you use... cut the image in half... save each half... set each half to its appropriate screen... it looks top notch...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.