Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
My daughter just showed me how cool it was that her Nano 3g has her nested playlists.

I'm thinking this is new - but maybe we just missed it on an upgrade? Either way, she is beyond psyched (hey, she is 13). I wish i could do it on mine... alas, my computer is sitting at the Apple store.

devburke

Oct 16, 2008
My daughter just showed me how cool it was that her Nano 3g has her nested playlists.

I'm thinking this is new - but maybe we just missed it on an upgrade? Either way, she is beyond psyched (hey, she is 13). I wish i could do it on mine... alas, my computer is sitting at the Apple store.

As in playlist folders? Yeah, that’s been in iTunes for a long time. Although the folders don’t transfer to my touch, I just get one list of playlists.

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I need to get out more....

Really?? i've been able to do it on my Video all this time??? Dang, that would have made some audiobooks easier to deal with. Guess i'll just keep that device (with it's not really/often working click button) and organize all the "junk" on there to be easier to play in the car.

But they won't go to my Touch? Darn. HMPH. I was excited about something today for a few minutes.....

Time for more feedback today - i can get a jab in there about the lackluster Touch upgrade again... :D

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
So i figured out why i didn't know this... my 30gb Video iPod (5g?) doesn't appear to support them.

UGH. I got them all pretty in the Audiobook area in iTunes and it's still ugly on the iPod. I wish i could afford to buy all my audiobooks instead of borrowing them from the library because the ones i have bought are so "neat". One file. The ones i have on there for us to listen to in the coming weeks.... multiple files. I did at least figure out how to join a disk into one track which helps, but then if something is 4 disks long.... you are stuck. Or the one we are listening too now is named for each section - and I needed those names so i didn't join it. It's 100 different files.....

Apparently this makes me "folder out of luck" since my Touch doesn't support them either.... HMPH.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.