Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
I've checked the box a million times and it still asks me to type it. Is there some preference file i can delete maybe? Or something else?

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
I can't remember if it was happening before the update to 9.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
This just happened to me as well. I'm going through my library fixing album art and I have to keep logging in to get the art. Before my library would keep me logged into the iTunes Store indefinitely. Now I still have to type my password to make a purchase for the first time that day.

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
I think I may have fixed it. I went into my account settings in the store and reset warnings (at the bottom of the page). Now I'm getting a bunch of annoying warnings again (they'll stop eventually) but I just bought an album and wasn't asked for a password.

Sandy Santra

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Brooklyn
This just happened to me as well. I'm going through my library fixing album art and I have to keep logging in to get the art. Before my library would keep me logged into the iTunes Store indefinitely. Now I still have to type my password to make a purchase for the first time that day.

Rapmastac1, How are you fixing album art? Is it possible to do that (get iTunes to grab album art for 1 album)? I thought that feature only worked on your entire library all-at-once.

Sandy Santra

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Brooklyn
I've checked the box a million times and it still asks me to type it. Is there some preference file i can delete maybe? Or something else?

Yeah, I have the same problem. Driving me nuts. I'm going to try your "reset warnings" fix and see if that helps.

Sandy Santra

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Brooklyn
I just got an email from Apple: "There is no way for the your password to get saved on your iTunes Store account."

IT'S WORKED FOR A YEAR, APPLE! It's broken BECAUSE of iTunes 9!!!

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
It's started doing this again. I'm now not so sure it ever stopped.:(

I'm going to try my own fix again.

steve knight

macrumors 68030
Jan 28, 2009
I just got an email from Apple: "There is no way for the your password to get saved on your iTunes Store account."

IT'S WORKED FOR A YEAR, APPLE! It's broken BECAUSE of iTunes 9!!!

fully there is a remember password checkbox I guess they put it there for decoration ;)

jtheelen

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2009
Belgium
Same problem here (iTunes 9 + Windows XP). I'm sure iTunes 7 and 8 did remember my password because I had a hard time trying to recall what it was again when iTunes 9 came asking for it (and it keeps doing it once every time the application is started).

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 2, 2009
It's so inconsistant. Some days it asks, other days it doesn't.

retroneo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Mine also stopped remembering my password with the 9.0 update. It still doesn't work in iTunes 9.0.1... It's driving me crazy.

Even though I tick the "remember password" box underneath every time.

jpinnix

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
With all of the apps I've been buying, it sure is annoying to have to log in every single time. It wasn't this way before 9.

Portaluk

Oct 10, 2009
England
This is driving me bonkers, i'm sure it never happened before version 9.
I tick remember password box every time, played with keychain access, looked all over the net for solution but nothing.

I use 1password so my password for itunes isnt something that is memorable just a load of random gibberish. Every free app 'purchase' or song=open 1password enter password, find itunes password, click edit, copy password, back to itunes, then finally paste.

Has to be a bug that apple needs to address.

Rant over feel better now :p

jjk454ss

macrumors 601
Jul 10, 2008
I hope today's update to iTunes fixes this. I haven't been home to test it yet though.

giannisk

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2009
Greece
I have the same problem with 9.
It cannot remember password. The worst case was yesterday when i tried to put an album at wish list.
It asked for password 15 times in a row, then i cancelled.
Also i cannot register my iphone i bought.
i am using Leopard and 1Password also.
I wonder if the combination play a roll ?

Gav Mack

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2008
Sagittarius A*
Same problem, the post on this thread fixed it at last for me.

Just by curiosity I dug around in the iTunes preferences for something else (+I'm trying to get iTunes 9 to stop automatically opening to the iTunes Store and open to my Library instead like it used to in iTunes 8+). In any case, I think I may have stumbled upon a fix for this issue for me. I went into the Advanced preferences, clicked the Reset button to "Reset all dialog warnings".

Since clicking the Reset button I had to make one attempt at checking the remember password check box, but never again.

Portaluk

Oct 10, 2009
England
I think you must be one of the lucky ones Gav Mack.

I have reset the dialog warnings, deauthorized - reauthorized computer and deleted itunes keychain access, but still have the same problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.