Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pau!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
It used to be in order from when the songs where added on my ipod. Now it seems to be just some random order.

Any way to fix this?

Pau!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
I tried deselecting shuffle on itunes and on my ipod. Still in some random order. I want it so that the list will be in order from date added down. like you can do in itunes.

Ever since i updated to 9..i think..it has been like this.

apple-ette

macrumors member
Jul 29, 2009
All Smart playlists have this problem. There have been several posts about it.

There is a kludge, if you enable the "limit to x" filter, and then select the sort criteria there, it will sort using that criteria. So as long as the sort criteria you want is available there you will be all set - until Apple fixes the problem.

Pau!

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2008
All Smart playlists have this problem. There have been several posts about it.

There is a kludge, if you enable the "limit to x" filter, and then select the sort criteria there, it will sort using that criteria. So as long as the sort criteria you want is available there you will be all set - until Apple fixes the problem.

Thanks a lot! that did help...although the playlist is now reveresed..like the first one,,was the last of the last 50 i synced. So the most recent i synced is at the bottom of the list (on my ipod). But this works for now.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.