Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Some of us do enjoy some of the apps that require the new 3.1 APIs. ;)

What besides Yelp? I don't know of any others that are 3.1 only yet... I'm running 3.1 just because I'm a Latest and Greatest kinda guy and can't stand running old OS's. Because I JUST got 3.1 and I am not having any of these bugs... I probably won't touch it this time though.

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA

I've been using the beta in Cydia for months and it's awesome and free!!

Is this all because of the "augmented-reality" deal? Redlaser and Snapture did is overlay a image over the camera view. Stupid Apple decided to make a whole version release just for them to approve an app.

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
I've been using the beta in Cydia for months and it's awesome and free!!

Is this all because of the "augmented-reality" deal? Redlaser and Snapture did is overlay a image over the camera view. Stupid Apple decided to make a whole version release just for them to approve an app.

Yea but they pulled it off Cydia, now if you re-JB, have to pay a buck to Apple store

ViViDboarder

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2008
USA
Yea, I must be semi-stupid today....WOW :confused:

You know, I had looked at the first site, no link there.

But the 2nd site....thanks !!

I will try and wake up out of my stupor now >>>> :eek:

Haha, wow... I'll just backup my App :D Although it's well worth the 3 bucks!

dhlizard

macrumors G4
Original poster
Mar 16, 2009
The Jailbreak Community
Haha, wow... I'll just backup my App :D Although it's well worth the 3 bucks!

The one in the .deb file is 2.2.1, the version on App Store is 2.2.0, so App Store, who's laughing now !
icon14.gif

ChrisJSNh

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2009
one other interesting thing on the 3.1.2 , the main macrumors page also states that it includes a carrier update, does it make you ever wonder if it has anything to do with this patent Apple filed for a few days ago

http://appft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-...24".PGNR.&OS=DN/20090247124&RS=DN/20090247124

most apply for patents before they release things.
summary from slashdot page where i saw the patent notice,, simply put cripple phones and or apps at will via carrier profile
http://apple.slashdot.org/story/09/...ts-Patents-For-Crippling-Cellphones?art_pos=2

jamesapp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2008
I'm wondering,
I have an appt at a mac store this Sunday. I have a problem where some calls people can't hear me. I called apple and set up an appointment to bring in my iPhone a 3gs 32gb black. My current iPhone has never been jb but I would like to jb in the future. I was actually going to restore tomorrow because I think that would be the first thing the apple store will ask me. But if I restore tomorrow my iPhone will update to 3.1.2 is that right? I might just restore anyway and hope that I either get a replacement phone or they fix my phone and the dev team finds a way to jb 3.1.2, just looking for advice?

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
damn I kinda regret going to the unlock jailbreak 3.1. my jailbroken text and email pop up alerts are not working! argh!!!!

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
I'm on3.1 non jailbroken.. Is there anythin I should be doin in regards to the 3.1.2 update.

Not doing it... They are saying that 3.1.2 doesn't effect the vulnerability, however, I would just wait it out. I have never Jailbroken but since I want to I am just going to wait and see what happens with PT/Blackra1n.

instaxgirl

macrumors 65816
Mar 11, 2009
Edinburgh, UK
Am I the only one that doesn't bother jailbreaking for the 0.0.something releases?

I'll maybe do it in a few weeks if I'm bored, but not really bothered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.