Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
Im looking for two screensavers, one being a fireplace and one an aquarium. They gotta be 3D and look rather realistic. I can only find crap or expensive stuff on google. I think I had the trial of the one on apple.com but the text running across kinda kills it. I hope I can get some help in here, it would be pretty fun :)

iCube

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
The best one I know of is a free demo from http://www.serenescreen.com of an aquarium. Very cool!! You need to download the Apple demo at top of page. *IMPORTANT* Install it as as app, NOT a screensaver! Drag the icon to your apps folder. Keep it in the Dock and hit it and type "testfish" to run it. Hit f for full screen. A lot of options are disabled because it is free. Play with the keyboard short cuts like L, M, double tap space bar etc...

The free demo screensaver doesn't work well.

What kind of Mac do you have?

Attachments

• Picture 24.png
    Picture 24.png
    329.3 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 26.png
    Picture 26.png
    565.3 KB · Views: 252
  • Picture 27.png
    Picture 27.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 1,367

felixen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
I have a mac mini, the latest version. Im gonna try it out, but if its a demo doesnt it have text running across the screen then?

iCube

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
I posted a screen shot. There is no banner. You really don't think I would suggest downloading something with a banner running across the screen? This one is the best aquarium. When going from "window" view to full screen, the coral changes to a rock that shows a changing clock, calender and website.

iCube

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2007
Glad you like it! The "w" keyboard shortcut is hilarious! Impress your friends with it in full wire frame and go on and on about how realistic it is, then switch to full color 3D!

Attachments

• Picture 8.png
    Picture 8.png
    134.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    65.3 KB · Views: 94
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.