Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gusanitoverde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
Northern California
Back in September, I went over the 40 hours free a month. in my Macbook Pro I was not able to listen to Pandora it until October. Almost at the same time, in my iPhone, the icon disappeared. Kind of nasty, but I guess they can...

It is well passed the month and I could play Pandora again in my computer since the 1st. But in my iPhone, no matter what i've done, nothing works. I even restored the iPhone. iTunes show the application working but nowhere to be found in my iphone.

Anyone has an advice on how to handle this?

Thanks.

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
Back in September, I went over the 40 hours free a month. in my Macbook Pro I was not able to listen to Pandora it until October. Almost at the same time, in my iPhone, the icon disappeared. Kind of nasty, but I guess they can...

It is well passed the month and I could play Pandora again in my computer since the 1st. But in my iPhone, no matter what i've done, nothing works. I even restored the iPhone. iTunes show the application working but nowhere to be found in my iphone.

Anyone has an advice on how to handle this?

Thanks.

Any chance you have over 11 pages of apps? Does a spotlight search find it?

Kahnyl

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2009
Almost at the same time, in my iPhone, the icon disappeared. Kind of nasty, but I guess they can...

I haven't heard of that happening before and considering how pissed people got when Amazon took books off people's Kindles I think there would have been stories about it.

Have you tried deleting and re-downloading the app in iTunes on your PC. Sometimes the app files just become corrupted. I still don't know why it would disappear from your phone though.

gusanitoverde

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 12, 2003
Northern California
I tried...

I have 3 pages of apps. Searched for the app. Restored my iphone to factory settings... Yet nothing.

I would gladly replace Pandora with another radio service, but still I wanted to give it a shot.

iTunes show the icon, even the place that it is to take in the iPhone screen, but when synchronizing... it never appears!

Kadman

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2007
That sounds crazy. I would still suspect it was due more to a bug than any action taken by Pandora. I agree that it would likely have been news if this was happening.

I tried to listen to Pandora again recently out of curiosity, but went quickly back to Slacker. The Slacker service just seems so much better to me.

LoganT

macrumors 68020
Jan 9, 2007
Have you tried installing it from the app store on your phone? If not the only the only thing I can think of is, maybe it has something to do with the fact that they enabled a 40 hour limit (then it's 99 cents I believe) for that limit to go away.

labman

macrumors 604
Jun 9, 2009
Mich near Detroit
intresting

next week the 17th the president of pandora is coming to my area in Birminham,MI he is calling it a town meeting it's only a few miles from me so I was going to go. he plans to announce some stuff a q&a etc I just might try to ask him about this if I do I will report back or at least post pandora news! ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.