Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

EffDeeEll

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 7, 2008
I've installed the drivers, and when I start up in Windows, neither the internet or the wireless pick up.

Using Windows Vista Home Premium.

The little wireless icon in the tray just has the big X, so it's literally picking up nothing. I also can't connect via ethernet.

What do I do? Thanks.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California
I've installed the drivers, and when I start up in Windows, neither the internet or the wireless pick up.

Using Windows Vista Home Premium.

The little wireless icon in the tray just has the big X, so it's literally picking up nothing. I also can't connect via ethernet.

What do I do? Thanks.

Sorry, but just to make %100 sure, you installed the Boot Camp drivers off of the Snow Leopard/Leopard DVD?

gugucom

macrumors 68020
May 21, 2009
Munich, Germany
There can be all kinds of issues. It depends which version of Bootcamp drivers you use, which machine, which kind of firmware (EFI32 or EFI64) and which kind of Windows (32bit/64-bit).

Most problems lately happen with Bootcamp 3.0 from the SL DVD. For some systems the chipsets do not install properly. You can go to drivers/Intel/chipset and rectify that manually if it is an Intel chipset. If you know your missing device driver from Windows device manager you can find it in most cases manually on the SL DVD. Just don't mix the 32-bit OSs and 64-bit installers.

Frozone

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
I'm having a very similar issue. I need to use MS Access to create a few databases for a CIS class. I'd rather do these at home instead of my school's library, so I figured I'd install the copy of Vista I have laying around.

So, I got it installed, and then installed the drives from the Mac OS X Leopard disk and all seems to be fine until I try to connect to the internet. A big red "X" shows up over the network connection thing in the bottom right corner.

I poked around and tried to "manually" install it, but no luck. (Not that I know exactly what I'm doing...)

Any help would be much appreciated!

I'm on a 13" MacBook Pro that I bought back in July.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.