Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Elzlaik

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2008
Damn, I just installed Snow Leopard and see they haven't fixed a pretty major hole in the Address Book label printing process. Address Book still doesn't let you choose which label on a sheet to print on. Say I print one label, then later I go back to print another one. I need to throw away that sheet of 9 unused labels because Address Book will only print starting from the first label. I mean, Mac Word got this right. If Apple wants me to use Address Book for contacts, then they should provide a useful interface for printing labels.

Well, that's my rant for the day. Love Snow Leopard otherwise in the short time I've known it.

loganie

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2009
Printing from Address Book

Still trying to figure out how to print from address book also with Snow Leopard not an easy task, did you ever find out how to do this

Thanks

Locoweed

macrumors member
Apr 14, 2009
When I looked in to it, there were no reasonably priced apps that I liked, that would let you select the label position on a sheet. Got frustrated and bought a stand alone label printer. I'm not real thrilled with the Seiko 440 I bought & would recommend something else if you go that route. The printer is ok, but the software is kind of sucky.

aarongang

macrumors newbie
Mar 9, 2011
Mac Address Book Specific label fix??

When I was running leopard, I used my old (I believe) free palm desktop software. Drag a vcard from mail into palm, open it in palm go to print, make proper selections. It will let you select a specific label. Palm desktop will not run on Lion. Lion no longer supports a PPC emulator.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.