Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PaulAshcroft25

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
I posted another thread but had no joy. I have tried to restore within Itunes and I get error code 9. I have tried it both in recovery mode & DFU. My phone was jailbroken with Blackra1n and I had Winterboard installed. I'm going to take back to Apple store in UK because when out of recovery mode, the iphone keeps trying to boot but doesnt. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE off an alternative or maybe a fix....thanks.

rcolombari

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2009
I posted another thread but had no joy. I have tried to restore within Itunes and I get error code 9. I have tried it both in recovery mode & DFU. My phone was jailbroken with Blackra1n and I had Winterboard installed. I'm going to take back to Apple store in UK because when out of recovery mode, the iphone keeps trying to boot but doesnt. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE off an alternative or maybe a fix....thanks.

I hardly believe they will support your iPhone due to the jailbreak

johnrs

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
Nottingham - UK
I doubt that he will walk in and say "can you help me with my JB iPhone"

You will just have to hope that they cannot get it working while your there.

Have you tried to restore from another computer. I had a problem with the wife's iphone when I JB with blackra1n and it got stuck at the "USB - iTunes" screen and when I restored it I kept getting an error (sorry I cannot remember which error) Did think 3 times and each time got the same error at the end.

I then tried on another PC and it worked fine

EDIT: while its on the back screen and you plug into your PC does it detect your iphone but you can do nothing with it??

Good luck

PaulAshcroft25

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Yes my friend I have tried on a Desktop PC Vista & also a Dell Laptop vista with no joy. Ha, obviously I'm not going to say its jailbroken but surelu if I cant get it to switch on and it just reboots to the apple logo in a continious cycle...surely the apple store wont either. Second option is, I have insurance excess is £50 can I just say I have lost it?
And yes it does detech Iphone when in recovery or DFU mode but restore doesnt work. I have tried Several IPSW's aswell and each of them come up with Error 9.

PaulAshcroft25

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Yes I have Appt. booked for tomorrow, but luckily enough I work just right by the apple store so I'm going to go across on my lunch hour in hope they have a cancellation....God I'm lost without the phone.

PaulAshcroft25

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
***LESSON LEARNT***
I took my phone over on my break, was greeted with a fella in store...luckily enough there was a cancellation so was dealt with promptly. Told him my issue, he inspected it with his little torch thing for water damage etc. Tried to restore using his MAC laptop and he still got the same problem. Problem solved, I have a new Iphone on order and will be in in a couple of days. When I get this, how do I make sure it doesnt happen again. When I install Cydia etc, what do I need to do, I only got Winterboard, downloaded a couple of themes, had a cracked version of Tom/Tom neither of them I believe to be the cause.

rcolombari

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2009
***LESSON LEARNT***
I took my phone over on my break, was greeted with a fella in store...luckily enough there was a cancellation so was dealt with promptly. Told him my issue, he inspected it with his little torch thing for water damage etc. Tried to restore using his MAC laptop and he still got the same problem. Problem solved, I have a new Iphone on order and will be in in a couple of days. When I get this, how do I make sure it doesnt happen again. When I install Cydia etc, what do I need to do, I only got Winterboard, downloaded a couple of themes, had a cracked version of Tom/Tom neither of them I believe to be the cause.

Good :)

PaulAshcroft25

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
Very Happy indeed.........was ******** myself incase I was screwed with a ****ed up Iphone ha. So with this new one do you with it will have OTB 3.1.2?

airfrancisco

macrumors regular
Mar 16, 2005
Same thing happened to me until I changed the size in "root partition size" in PwnageTool and finally it restored. I would suggest changing your partition slightly higher, if there is an option in blackra1n.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.