Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
My company Exchange policy dictates that the Passcode Lock policy be set to no more than 15 minutes, and Auto Lock no more than 5 minutes.

I work from home 90% of the time, and rarely leave the phone unattended. I have Mobile Me to wipe it should it be hijacked. So, that leaves me with very little risk and a great annoyance. I would love to be able to turn these off, or set them to really long times.

So, anyone know of an app that would allow me to override these settings?

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
I'm pretty sure Supreme Preferences will let you do this. I don't have it installed anymore but I'm almost positive this is what I used to bypass the time limits set by my company (I have since removed the exchange account).

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
Thanks Sparrky.

Seems this app has not been updated for post 3.0 OS, it complains about a dependency on 'iPhone Firmware < 3.0'.

I am a newby to JB, used blackra1n on a GS with 3.1.2 firmware.

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
Oh, that's right, I forgot about that. If you add the xsellize repo they have a version that works for 3.0 ... I have no idea if it will work with anything higher though.

Hopefully someone knows or can suggest another app. :)

kshusker

macrumors newbie
Apr 5, 2009
You can change these manually...

SSH into you iPhone and change directories to

/Library/Managed Pereferences/mobile

then edit com.apple.springboard.plist (make a backup first)

I changed the 15 minute delay to 1 hour for my device, but you can make it even longer.

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
Thanks again Sparrky. I added the repo and this version of SP. Looks like that may do it.

As a side note, I can see why JB will never catch on with the masses, it is really for those who don't mind dabbling a bit. The vast majority of iPhone users would really struggle with some of the complexities like adding repositories, understanding which apps are GUI and which are command line tools, and some of the inter-dependencies of apps.

1rottenapple

macrumors 601
Apr 21, 2004
Thanks again Sparrky. I added the repo and this version of SP. Looks like that may do it.

As a side note, I can see why JB will never catch on with the masses, it is really for those who don't mind dabbling a bit. The vast majority of iPhone users would really struggle with some of the complexities like adding repositories, understanding which apps are GUI and which are command line tools, and some of the inter-dependencies of apps.

Yeah I know. Us jailbreak users are sooo small its not even a drop in the bucket of any lost revenue for apple. But what can you do. The cat and mouse game continues.

techwarrior

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 30, 2009
Colorado
update

Using Supreme Preferences will do the trick. 'Don't Lock Ever' setting will allow me to set it so the phone will never automatically lock itself. However (and this is a good thing), if I press the sleep button, the phone will auto-lock in 15 minutes (this is the max allowed by my Exchange policy).

So, I can sleep/lock when leaving unattended, but when I am driving for example, it will not lock on me. That was my biggest complaint given the distraction typing the unlock password creates a hazard on the road. It seems Apple should have a car mode that prevents locking for safety reasons...I know iPod mode will not lock when plugged in to power, but believe it or not, I don't always listen to iPod in the car.

Thanks Sparrky for sending me in this direction. Hopefully, other drivers in Colorado will appreciate the added safety as well. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.