Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iamfiremansam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
New Zealand
Well this morning I went to turn on my ipod touch (as you do) and to my surprise nothing happened! I tried all 2 buttons, holding them down, and together etc. I knew the battery wasn't flat or anything. So I plugged it into itunes, and kept trying to turn it on. About 2 minutes later it finally booted up (to my enormous relief) and worked perfectly.
Then later in the day after not using it for a few hours, I tried to wake it from sleep, but it did the same thing and wouldn't turn back on.
It has since done it yet again after turning it off myself, and not turning back on.
I could try reseting it all and wiping it and starting it again to try and sort it out, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has had the same problem?

Please reply with any ideas

iamfiremansam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
New Zealand
Well today it as though it is back to normal. It's turning on fine after being off and from sleeping.
I can't figure out why it was doing that the day before. It has left me puzzled.
The only things that were different is I put it into a new case and the weather has been slightly hotter than normal (as it's summer in New Zealand) But I would hardly think either of those would have had any impact on it.

If it plays up again I will keep you posted.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
Im aware of weather conditions causing issues with cellfones which can cause moisture to occur inside, so it could be what you describe !

iamfiremansam

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 10, 2006
New Zealand
Well it has started playing up yet again after going a full day without any problems. I guess I will try reseting it and see how it goes from there.

tony056

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2009
Hi i am new here also i am having the same problem but it was working throughout the whole day then it just stopped working (Ipod touch) i just don't have the slightest idea why plz help me.

Ipod touch 8GB

touchaholic

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2009
New Zealand
okay well i have the EXACT same problem. My ipod touch 2G is only 2 weeks old and today when i went to turn it on from sleeping it didnt respond.. i thought oh maybe it died. so i plugged it in my computer and it has half full battery!!! i am pissed off. i dont want to get a new one as i have a one use skin on it which was pretty expensive.
now its plugged in and it went to sleep.. it wont even turn on now!! im am freaking out!

HELP i could restore but thats a pain as i just jailbroke it.. could this have anything to do with it?

EDIT:well atfer like 10 TIMES of trying to reset it it worked... if it happens again im coming back here to see if anything has been said.. ive searched on google and this seems to be a common fault with touchs.... wtf.. stupid apple i thought 2G was meant to be all fixed up and what not

RICHARD2009

macrumors newbie
Aug 12, 2009
my IPOD TOUCH is NOT TURNING ON

today i went to turn on my ipod touch 16gb 2nd generation at 10am today it wouldn't even turn on today in fact i pluged it in to my windows computer and itunes please give me some advice on it and i have no idea how to sort it out please help me :confused::eek::apple:

BJB Productions

macrumors 65816
Nov 10, 2008
today i went to turn on my ipod touch 16gb 2nd generation at 10am today it wouldn't even turn on today in fact i pluged it in to my windows computer and itunes please give me some advice on it and i have no idea how to sort it out please help me :confused::eek::apple:

Wow...I've heard of a lot of people having this same issue with their 2nd gens..I'm glad I never got one...Bring it to the Apple store and they can run tests on it and tell you the good or bad news...thats my only suggestion.

socalnighter

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2009
Today I experinced the same problem. My iTouch is the first generation and has worked very well during past two years. This morning it didn't turn on at all, and even when I hooked it to my Windows box, it doesn't show any activity and Windows also doesn't see any USB device, let alone itunes. Please help, I really need my musics in it, help.

socalnighter

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2009
Today I experinced the same problem. My iTouch is the first generation and has worked very well during past two years. This morning it didn't turn on at all, and even when I hooked it to my Windows box, it doesn't show any activity and Windows also doesn't see any USB device, let alone itunes. Please help, I really need my musics in it, help.

OK, now turning on, I hold both buttons for 10 seconds while plugged into my Windows box, now seems to be back to normal life. HOOOOH!

juliamarie28

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2010
Solution!

I have an iPod touch 2nd generation, and it had the exact same problem! The way I've fixed it is if you plug it into your computer (i dont know if this part is neccessary or not) and hold down the home and on/off button for a while, until it turns on. To avoid it, every time you set it down for more than 5 or so minutes, turn it off instead of letting it sleep.:)

MoonlightHound

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2011
Please Help

Hi, I was on Skype with some of my friends on my iTouch (4th Gen) and when i pressed the little button at the top it went to sleep, but when i went to press the button to turn it on again it wouldn't turn on at all. It has been working all day. I tried plugging it up to my iHome didn't turn on, plugged it up to my computer still wouldn't turn on. I don't know what to do, please help.

hazzer101

macrumors newbie
Mar 22, 2011
not turning on

I have an ipod touch 2g and one day i went to turn it on and it wouldnt. i tried everything apart from what my friend told me. it had happend to him before and he told me you just hold both the home button and the lock button at the same time for some time and it turned on

scottm8888

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2011
Thanks for the advice

This problem happened to my 8-year old son. After saving allowances, birthday money, Christmas cash gifts, etc. for a year... He finally had enough to buy an iTouch. Today he set it down to come help me with something and when he went back to turn it on, it was blank and wouldn't respond. He thought it was dead and you can imagine how sad he was. So I helped him find all the posts here and we followed the advice. Plugged it in to the PC with his itunes, he held down both buttons and we together counted down from 10. Exactly on 0, the little apple logo showed up! So happy. Thanks to everyone who took their time to share this. Best Wishes.

rrls

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2011
facing same problem with ipod touch 4th gen

Hi,
today morning my ipod touch 4th gen didnot turn on and was very much disappointed. I thought this is the end of it and there goes my money in the drain. but after seeing the post i got my hopes up. I will try the solution mentioned in the post and let you know if worked.
Thanks
R.S:
cool:

ikahlE43

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2011
i am having the same problem
93amz.jpg

coolguy1.jpg

coolguy3.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.