Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
For anyone who does not know what Bowtie is, its a free app that allows you to control your iTunes through a smaller and custom sleek interface on your desktop.
You must have both Itunes and Bowtie opened at the same time.
More themes can be found through a google search.
Bowtie can be downloaded for free Here.

Here is mine, The theme is called The dark night found here

screenshot20091019at701.png

Please use

wramirez1021

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2009
I use the same thing, if only it worked better in Snow Leopard.

Not sure what exactly you mean? I didnt get Bowtie until after I had Snow Leopard so im curious what is bad about it. The only thing I can think of, once again not being an experienced Bowtie user, is that even when I uncheck the 'hide when iTunes isnt operating" box it still fades away when i close iTunes...

bwiissofly

macrumors 6502
Jul 4, 2007
I always wondered if this app was free or not. I'll download it on my iMac later and post a screenshot.

Sweet thread idea!

prodigee

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
For anyone who does not know what Bowtie is, its a free app that allows you to control your iTunes through a smaller and custom sleek interface on your desktop.
You must have both Itunes and Bowtie opened at the same time.
More themes can be found through a google search.
Bowtie can be downloaded for free Here.

Here is mine, The theme is called The dark night found here

screenshot20091019at701.png

Please use image tags. and enjoy![/QUOTE]

Could you provide me with an alternate download link? MacThemes isn't allowing registration at this time, so I can't download it...:(

MattPat

macrumors newbie
Mar 26, 2005
Rhode Island
Hey y'all, Bowtie developer here. ;) We're working on the Snow Leopard bugs as we speak. We anticipate having a final release with full Snowy compatibility around December.

sammich

macrumors 601
Sep 26, 2006
Sarcasmville.
My Modded MinimalMod. And that's very good news. I've been waiting for the 3rd beta of Bowtie for ages. I haven't a problem under Snow Leopard though, just that exposé hides the bowtie is annoying.

4030528345_5c717d20a8_o.jpg

icedd

macrumors 6502
Apr 22, 2009
Thats a cool theme, mind sharing?

I don't have the exact file of it anymore, and I also checked MacThemes for you, but it's not there anymore.

But the name of the bowtie is called Stickied.

Sorry, hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.