Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Zathu

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2006
Maryland
I also have a script for 3.1. This script will kill the open iPod app, copy the hacked version over it, disable security, prompt the user to launch the iPod, wait 15 seconds, enable security, and copy the unhacked app back. The hacked app seems to be still run out of the iPhone's RAM after the original is copied back, so this gives us the advantage of not having a broken iPod by default on a reboot.

Installation:
  1. Install GNU Screen (Screen in Cydia or 'apt-get install screen')
  2. Rename the hacked app to MobileMusicPlayer_hack
  3. Rename the original app to MobileMusicPlayer_dist
  4. Save script code as autoUnlockiPod.sh in /var/root

Usage options:
  1. Annoying way: Run from root terminal: 'screen sh autoUnlockiPod.sh'
  2. Easy way: Using iSSH, create a SSH profile that connects to root@localhost and auto-runs "screen sh autoUnlockiPod.sh". This is a two-tap solution from Springboard.

If you don't run the script with screen, it will not be able to restore the default app and turn security back on after you've left the terminal.

Code:
#!/bin/bash
echo "Killing running iPod"
killall MobileMusicPlayer
cp /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer_hack /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer
sysctl -w security.mac.proc_enforce=0 security.mac.vnode_enforce=0
echo "iPod Unlocked! Leave terminal and launch iPod. You have 15 seconds!"
sleep 15s
cp /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer_dist /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer
sysctl -w security.mac.proc_enforce=1 security.mac.vnode_enforce=1
exit

Dropkikke

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2009
Hello People,

I have a problem with the ipod function, before i was messing around with HexEdit i made a copy of the MobileMusicPlayer.app and saved it on my desktop.

After changing the file with HexEdit my ipod function doesn't work, so i wanted to replace it with the original MobileMusicPlayer.app.

But my problem now is, that when i tap on the ipod function i only see the startup screen for a second and then it's dead.

I cant use my ipod now...

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Greetings Mark

Zathu

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2006
Maryland
Hello People,

I have a problem with the ipod function, before i was messing around with HexEdit i made a copy of the MobileMusicPlayer.app and saved it on my desktop.

After changing the file with HexEdit my ipod function doesn't work, so i wanted to replace it with the original MobileMusicPlayer.app.

But my problem now is, that when i tap on the ipod function i only see the startup screen for a second and then it's dead.

I cant use my ipod now...

Does anyone knows how to fix this?

Greetings Mark

Are you sure that's an untouched file? Have you rebooted your iPhone? Which iPhone do you have? What's the modification date on the file? What's the md5hash?

Zathu

macrumors regular
Nov 16, 2006
Maryland
Keeping an eye on the odcctools package through Cydia. A new version is due any day now which includes an updated version of codesign_allocate which will fix ldid.

Dropkikke

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2009
I already fixed the problem.. I had to change some acces codes, they where default on 644?? And it had to be 775:rolleyes:

Everything works fine here!

lindseynagle

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2009
Can anybody post the current modified file and plain english instructions for setting the permissions? I've successfully done this since 2.x, but I'm stumped this time. Much appreciated.

Vathek

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2009
Firmware 3.1.2

I just tried the quoted procedure for fw 3.1.2

V3.01

KEEP A BACKUP OF THE ORIGINAL FILE

Cydia
0. - install SysInfoPlus (used to kill MobileMusicPlayer (not strictly required, just reboot if you don't want it))
- install Erica Utilities
- install ldid

WinSCP (or similar)
1. copy MobileMusicPlayer to PC

Hex Editor (on PC)
2. Replace with 00 00 the heximal values referring to the single letters of the following words:
wantsSplashView
hideSplashView
showSplashView
setSplashViewImage:
exitPlayerForAccessorySplash
_accessorySplashViewWillAppearNotification:
AccessorySplashViewWillAppearNotification
splashViewImage
_splashView

WinSCP (or similar)
3. Connect to iPhone and copy modified MobileMusicApp over the old version

Putty (or similar)
4. Change permissions to the new file
cd Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app
chmod a+x MobileMusicPlayer
chmod g+w MobileMusicPlayer

5. sign MobileMusicPlayer (after changed some parameters)
sysctl -w security.mac.proc_enforce=0 security.mac.vnode_enforce=0
ldid -S /Applications/MobileMusicPlayer.app/MobileMusicPlayer

Hope it works for you too :)

The only problem is that in step5 I cannot execute flawlessy the ldid command, it returns some error like "malformed object" :(

Anyway it works, and MobileMusicApp doesn't show "accessory attached" message. Even after reboot the app survives and it seems to be no problem with wifi.

Humpix

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2009
Hi all,

Thank you so much for all the work!

I´d like to give it a try, but i fail at installing Idid.

I have allredy installed "Link Identity Editor", "apt 0.7 strikt" and "EricaUtilities" over cydia, but Idid command in MT only tells me:
sh: Idid: command not found
"apt-get install Idid" tell me, that package wasn´t found...

Is there one more thing to do on iPhone 3G (3.1.2)?

Greetings from Austria,
Mathias

Vathek

macrumors newbie
Feb 14, 2009
, but Idid command in MT only tells me:
"apt-get install Idid" tell me, that package wasn´t found...

Mathias

It's not "did" it is "[l]did" with a lowercase "L" for the first letter.
In other words it's "LDID" written in lower case letters...

Humpix

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2009
Hi Vathek,
Thank you, now all work. :rolleyes:
Think i need one more coffee...

Hey, i found out something:

When i use the command: "sysctl -w security.mac.proc_enforce=0" without the second part "security.mac.vnode_enforce=0", the hexed app starts and wifi settings are still on... cool

I also make some *.sh files. Thanks to emozilla for the sudo trick
Is there a way to make a spring icon with the ssh command "sudo sh ***.sh)?
For example (on/off)

bender o

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2009
Hi, can someone please upload the file for 3.1.2, I don't know anything about programming but I could have this working on 3.0 with the file that was uploaded.
Thanks.

mct74

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
Tried to modify the MobileMusicPlayer, but the program crashed right when I clicked it. Would not open :(

lilfellabob

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008
hmm i have been trying to get this to work on an iphone 3gs running 3.1 but i cannot get it to work at all. I have replaced the MobileMusicPlayer files with the hex edited one and it doesnt crash but the splash screen is still popping up.. anyone got any solutions/possible problem causes?

mct74

macrumors member
Aug 15, 2008
hmm i have been trying to get this to work on an iphone 3gs running 3.1 but i cannot get it to work at all. I have replaced the MobileMusicPlayer files with the hex edited one and it doesnt crash but the splash screen is still popping up.. anyone got any solutions/possible problem causes?

Mine is 3GS as well - 3.1.2

Would be GREAT to have something on Cydia to just install.

bender o

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2009

JackNorris

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2009
Try NoAccessorySplash

Try NoAccessorySplash from the modmyi repository on cydia.

I have the iPhone dash mounted for GPS and I thought it would be nice to control the song choice with an intuitive touch screen interface. The RCD310 stereo in my Golf isnt very user friendly when it comes to controlling the iPhone/iPod.

Eventually I had enough of using the stereo and wrote a simple library (NoAccessorySplash) that disables the splash screen allowing me control the song selection from the phone itself. It should work with all iDevices on OS 3.x. This library patches certain functions in memory so it does not modify any files :).

Remember, drive safely! ;)

lilfellabob

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2008

I have the iPhone dash mounted for GPS and I thought it would be nice to control the song choice with an intuitive touch screen interface. The RCD310 stereo in my Golf isnt very user friendly when it comes to controlling the iPhone/iPod.

Eventually I had enough of using the stereo and wrote a simple library (NoAccessorySplash) that disables the splash screen allowing me control the song selection from the phone itself. It should work with all iDevices on OS 3.x. This library patches certain functions in memory so it does not modify any files :).

u sir, are a legend! exactly what i wanted - will test soon :)

***update***

worked perfectly no hassle.
thanks again mate!

bender o

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2009

worked like a charm thank you so so so so much :)

B737

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
NJ
I've googled and asked in an iPod forum but still can't find anything.

Does anyone know how or if this would b possible to do on a 5th gen iPod?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.