Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

localshred

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
Hi all, first post...

I've searched literally everywhere and cannot seem to find out which SSD model is in the Air. Is it an Intel, Crucial, or some other brand entirely? Any help would be great! Thanks

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I pulled out my SSD the other day to upgrade it to a Runcore... WHAT AN AMAZING DRIVE THE RUNCORE IS! I highly recommend a Runcore SSD if you want to upgrade from an HDD.

However, if you still want to know the part numbers here they are straight off the Samsung SSD. This is from an MBA released a few days after the June 2nd announcement. It's a v 2,1 (rev C) 2.13 GHz 128 GB SSD MBA.

Samsung

SSD P/N: MMD0E28GXMSP-OVA
Model: 1.8" 128 GB LIF

also labeled:
SEC-X-28GBSATA2LIF
Manufactured April 16, 2009
128GB BBBBB 655 - 1495A

I think the rest is all serial numbers. Let me know if you need anything else.

Good luck.

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.

Attachments

• IMG_0905.jpg
    IMG_0905.jpg
    177 KB · Views: 161

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Glad that's what you needed. Sorry this didn't do it for you.:rolleyes:

LMAO... CALM DOWN. You didn't put that in the first post you made or I wouldn't have taken the time. Actually I would have because that's an old thread too. Actually, that's the thread that made me ponder coming back to the MBA after my original was a FLOP/DISASTER!

Everyone can thank (or NOT) NC MacGuy for my reintroduction to the MBA. It was the review he did that encouraged me to give the MBA another try. It was that rev B that I fell in love with.

It's like remembering a honeymoon just thinking about my rev B MBA and the first full week of use. Now, counting the memories and hopefully many anniversaries with MBAs...

NC MacGuy

macrumors 603
Feb 9, 2005
The good side of the grass.
LMAO... CALM DOWN. You didn't put that in the first post you made or I wouldn't have taken the time. Actually I would have because that's an old thread too. Actually, that's the thread that made me ponder coming back to the MBA after my original was a FLOP/DISASTER!

Everyone can thank (or NOT) NC MacGuy for my reintroduction to the MBA. It was the review he did that encouraged me to give the MBA another try. It was that rev B that I fell in love with.

It's like remembering a honeymoon just thinking about my rev B MBA and the first full week of use. Now, counting the memories and hopefully many anniversaries with MBAs...

I'm calm.;)

Actually I did post a link to the pictures to get him as much info as he needed. It was literally one click away.
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/8696641/

Scottsdale

Suspended
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
I'm calm.;)

Actually I did post a link to the pictures to get him as much info as he needed. It was literally one click away.
https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/8696641/

But had the photo been there he would have thanked you and would have been end of thread. See, you took the time to include the photo when you wanted to prove your point. Point well taken. Sometimes a click away isn't good enough here... LMAO.

I enjoy your posts, always!

Take care.

edit - add: Now you know it's still the same exact SSD as the "new" $700 less expensive v 2,1 MBA at 2.13 GHz.

MacModMachine

macrumors 68020
Apr 3, 2009
Canada

scottsdale

do you notice any temperature improvement with the ssd? have you run any virtual machines?

i have been pondering this drive for my other air.

i would think a faster ssd would improve temperatures due to the tasks completing faster.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.