Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lllll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
Hi, I'm still new here and don't have an iPhone but heard that it also has the same apps limit as the iPod Touch (which I use to have).

How do you bypass the 148 apps limit. And yes, I'm love apps and play with each different apps every minutes. Don't you think that it's ridiculous that there's now over 80,000 apps in the apps store but we can only have 148 apps in our device? :D

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
You can load more than that, they just don't appear on the launch page. You use spotlight to search for the title and it can be launched from there.

Not perfect, but there you go.

mackmgg

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
Just posted this in another thread, but:

First, you have to be an app-aholic and have 11 pages of iPhone apps (and more hidden ones since they can’t be displayed). Then move some of the default apps you do not use like “Weather,” “Stocks,” “YouTube,” “Audio Memo,” etc. to the last page.
Now take one icon from the 10th page and drag it over to the 11th page. This will force the last icon to be booted off the page and into the iPhone abyss!
Now download another app to replace that empty space. And magically, a 12th page will be created with all the apps you weren’t able to view on it. I repeated the same steps and was able to make a 13th page.

Mr. Gates

macrumors 68020
He is Correct

Just posted this in another thread, but:

First, you have to be an app-aholic and have 11 pages of iPhone apps (and more hidden ones since they can’t be displayed). Then move some of the default apps you do not use like “Weather,” “Stocks,” “YouTube,” “Audio Memo,” etc. to the last page.
Now take one icon from the 10th page and drag it over to the 11th page. This will force the last icon to be booted off the page and into the iPhone abyss!
Now download another app to replace that empty space. And magically, a 12th page will be created with all the apps you weren’t able to view on it. I repeated the same steps and was able to make a 13th page.

I tried this and it totally works, you might have to play with it a little. The thing that threw me off is that the new page is not created after the last page. It's somewhere in the middle. I don't know how many pages can be created, but I am going to find out tonight!

EDIT : He or She is correct

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
I tried this and it totally works, you might have to play with it a little. The thing that threw me off is that the new page is not created after the last page. It's somewhere in the middle. I don't know how many pages can be created, but I am going to find out tonight!

EDIT : He or She is correct

Genus!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.