Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lllll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
I read there are a few graphical apps builder that can build iPhone apps without knowing a single code, but these apps builder lack a lot of rich features and they build mostly content management.

Apple once said, there's an apps for that too. Now my question is, is there an app that build apps? Does that make any sense?

Sort of like how Adobe's Dreamweaver can build website w/o knowing html.

Someone should build an apps dreamweaver.

lllll

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 23, 2009
yea, I heard. I can't waite for CS5. I might actually going to buy it instead of borrowing. :D Let's just hope that Apple allow Adobe flash.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
iPhone + Flash = Fail.
OP, also all of your threads that you're starting have been discussed a number of times. Please use the search function.

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
yea, I heard. I can't waite for CS5. I might actually going to buy it instead of borrowing. :D Let's just hope that Apple allow Adobe flash.
This new tool doesn't require Flash on the iPhone. It creates a native iPhone application from SWF content.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007
Well you know what that means!. Theres going to be a flood gate of apps. You think 100,000+ apps for the Iphone is alot. Wait until Flash CS5 comes out.

Theres going to be so many applications hardly anybody is going to make money anymore.

To any IPhone developer. Cash in Now before the new year is up!.

PLJack

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2009
Well you know what that means!. Theres going to be a flood gate of apps. You think 100,000+ apps for the Iphone is alot. Wait until Flash CS5 comes out.
Theres going to be so many applications hardly anybody is going to make money anymore.
To any IPhone developer. Cash in Now before the new year is up!.

Alright! I really need to chime in here. I've been hearing a lot of this kind of talk. Coming from a WinTel market where there are millions of competitors, 100,000 is nothing.

Not to mention that there are many developers with hundreds of apps on the store, all crap.
For instance:
This Guy
Scroll down to see his app list.

Another 30,000 or so that think the app store is a lottery. All of these immature developers will disappear when they don't make it rich. My guess is that there are only 25,000 or so real competitors.
A majority of the successful apps are from developers that have passion and it shows in the apps they develop.
And if you set the game category aside the app store is wide open.

Keep the faith, keep coding and keep at it.
It's easy to shine when the room is full of candles.

BTW CS5 is not what you think. It will be very hard to make a good app via that software.

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
Alright! I really need to chime in here. I've been hearing a lot of this kind of talk. Coming from a WinTel market where there are millions of competitors, 100,000 is nothing.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your conclusions, but there is a big difference between having 100,000s of Windows apps vs. 100,000s of iPhone apps, and that is the fact that those Windows apps are essentially scattered all over the internet whereas all iPhone apps are lumped together in the same store.

PLJack

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2009
I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your conclusions, but there is a big difference between having 100,000s of Windows apps vs. 100,000s of iPhone apps, and that is the fact that those Windows apps are essentially scattered all over the internet whereas all iPhone apps are lumped together in the same store.

I'll go along with that. The iTunes software makes the app store a crowded place. I hope they plan to improve the app browsing ability.

Still, there are tens of millions of iPhones, even more iTouch Ipods.
And Christmas coming up.
I'd be happy with 0.5 percent of that market.

Cheers.

forcesteeler

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2007

The Difference is PC has a 90% Market Share installed based with Microsoft Windows 98-2000,XP- Windows 7 with at least 2 Billion+ People in the world use Windows Everyday

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.