Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
Running 10.3.4 on a 1GHz / 1GB 17" Powerbook, iTunes version v4.5 (31)... when I try to purchase music (any music) in the iTunes Music Store I get an "Unknown Error 11503." Check out the screen grab below..

I've downloaded the iTunes installer a number of times, ran it... I always get the same error. Am I missing something?

Has anyone had a similar problem or can anyone recommend a solution?
Thanks.

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 98

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
I did a web search, but didn't find any answers to your question. The most helpful comment was found here. So it seems that you should contact Apple.

aStabell

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2004
I've gotten this message before, I just quit and tried again later and it worked fine.

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
Veldek said:
I did a web search, but didn't find any answers to your question. The most helpful comment was found here. So it seems that you should contact Apple.

Problem solved. Thanks.

The error has to do with my AOL account. I used my AOL id to login to iTunes originally, it was the basis for my account, I had all but forgotten this. I recently dropped the AOL account.. which apparently negates my iTunes account of similar name.

I just created a new account... works fine.

The interesting thing is, I couldn't even download the "Free Song of the week."

Oh well... that's a lot better!

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
cr2sh said:
Problem solved. Thanks.

The error has to do with my AOL account. I used my AOL id to login to iTunes originally, it was the basis for my account, I had all but forgotten this. I recently dropped the AOL account.. which apparently negates my iTunes account of similar name.
I have a question. What happens to music that you've bought under your AOL id? Can you authorize your iTunes with your old account simultaneously with your new account?

Am I missing something?

cr2sh

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 28, 2002
downtown
ftaok said:
I have a question. What happens to music that you've bought under your AOL id? Can you authorize your iTunes with your old account simultaneously with your new account?

Am I missing something?

The songs that I purchased under that account seem to work fine... my guess is that when my AOL account was deactivated - the link between my credit card (through AOL) to Apple's wallet, also was. I don't know really, that's just a guess... but after logging out and creating a new account it works fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.