Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adamvk

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Now before I get complaints that we have too many of these threads, let me defend myself.

-Many people buy new desks regularly, and this thread will be a good way to see ideas of what people have done with their desk, and possibly find a desk they want to buy.

-Many people ask questions about desks, and there are too many discussions about desks in our "Post your Setup" thread, which is not the point of that thread.

There ya have it.

So, with that said, please post: (if possible)

1. Picture(s) of desk. Do not focus primarily on your computer/technology, that is not the point of this thread.
2. Description of desk
3. Name of desk if applicable
4. Place bought if applicable

To be fair, I must start with my desk :)

Its a drafting table that I bought from Office Max about 5-6 years ago.

DSC02479.jpg

DSC02473.jpg

DSC02475.jpg

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
May 25, 2008
Pretty much the same today with few more additions..
Galant desk from Ikea. I think its the second to last in terms of size.

3613342288_186e367544_b.jpg

TheOnlyJon

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2009
Indianapolis
Nice looking desks, guys.

Shivermetimbers, I like the wood finish on yours. What kind of wood is it and is the desk an antique? It's beautiful.

Ag3nt-Orang3

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2009
I just bought this desk and chair (came with the mat) yesterday from a chick on craigslist for $75 (talked her down from $150).

It's easy to talk people down who are moving; they don't want to take up space on the moving van.

Anyways, this desk is a work in progress. I just wanted some decorations on there so it wasn't bland. My Nikon wasn't charged so I had to settle for the iPhone camera, sorry.

Attachments

• IMG_0094.jpg
    IMG_0094.jpg
    747.7 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG_0095.JPG
    IMG_0095.JPG
    805.7 KB · Views: 85

mousouchop

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2008
New York
I think to avoid people from recycling pics from the "Post Your Setup" threads, it should be recommended that you include a picture that shows your desk in it's entirety. None of this overview crap. haha.

I will post a picture of my desk area when my DSLR is back from its little road trip with my brother. >< haha. Been dying to post an updated pic of my setup in the setup threads since I got a MBP 15" (You know, a REAL MBP) and ambient lighting! haha.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.