Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lemonademaker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
I've used Walgreens for a while now to print photos out for friends and family around the country. I found it handy because I could upload them from my computer and have them printed out at a walgreens near my Parents house 3 hours away. friends 8 hours away etc. (my dad hates tech so he needs physical pictures, so my mom just goes down to the store and pics them up) Couple of hours ago i saw they had an app and i have to say it is real handy. 1st go to the app store obviously and download "walgreens" , then go sign up for a free account at walgreens.com.... or I think you can do it in the app.....

Pretty simple: open app, upload pics from camera roll, pick a store that you want them printed at, hour later(or so) you have physical pictures anywhere in the country. you can pay for them in the app or pay for them when you/they pick them up at the store....

just thought i'd mention it here because as we all know... the holiday season is just around the corner and parents LOVE pics......

EDIT: just picked the pics up it took all of 20minutes to have them printed!! also the DISCOUNT CODE FOR THIS WEEK IS: TENEACH :get the prints for $.10 each!
i have to say it's tough to beat $.10 each... seems like I don't have to baby sit my photo printer while it prints 40 pics!! LOL.. let them deal with it!! in the end it's probably cheaper for them to do it!

EDIT2: chime in later if/when you use the app... i'd be interested to see how your pics turn out from the iphone.... mine turned out pretty good....

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
I've been using Rite Aid for a year or 2 to print pics in distant stores for others. Will definitely check out the Walgreens app.

lemonademaker

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
i forgot to add, it's kind of like flickr.....

you can store them in "sets" on their site, i have a couple hundred up there.... and the iPhone app can access and order those also ...... you can have them print up to poster size... (iPhone pics would look like ***** in poster size i'm sure)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.