Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
I am trying to set up my work computer with Outlook. When I am trying to do the exchange server for Entourage, I put in all the correct fields, but when I click the 'verify settings' icons to verify - it gives me a an error.

ERROR - 17900

I have the new 21.5" iMac with the ATI graphics card running Snow Leopard. If anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks... I appreciate any help!

Kronie

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2008
Outlook and Entourage don't communicate. If your trying to access a machine running outlook on your mac you S.O.O.L. ( I can spell that out if you need me to) :)

luffx

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
WI
I noticed you said "Verify Settings" button, which leads me to believe you're doing the simple setup/wizard.

Try setting up a new Exchange account, and select "Configure Account Manually".

When we migrated to Exchange 2007, I had to do that for our Entourage users.

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
I noticed you said "Verify Settings" button, which leads me to believe you're doing the simple setup/wizard.

Try setting up a new Exchange account, and select "Configure Account Manually".

When we migrated to Exchange 2007, I had to do that for our Entourage users.

I did configure it manually like you said. Did all the necessary steps for it. I am using 2008 - if that makes a difference.

luffx

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2007
WI
Alright.

I don't have the new iMac, but I did setup an Exchange account using Office 2008 on a brand new MBP w/ 10.6. I know it's not the exact same hardware/drivers then, but I am pressed to verify that the settings are at least correct.

Have you connected to this Exchange account before, using Entourage? (on any Mac).

the Exchange Server field needs to hit a certain location of the server, b/c of WebDAV issues.

For Example: https://ex.company.com/exchange/username

[where ex.company.com would the the location of the exchange server, and username would be your username]

If you're positive the settings are good, and/or you've done it before, let me know. I'm asking this b/c in my experience, ERROR - 17900
means authentication error.

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
Alright.

I don't have the new iMac, but I did setup an Exchange account using Office 2008 on a brand new MBP w/ 10.6. I know it's not the exact same hardware/drivers then, but I am pressed to verify that the settings are at least correct.

Have you connected to this Exchange account before, using Entourage? (on any Mac).

the Exchange Server field needs to hit a certain location of the server, b/c of WebDAV issues.

For Example: https://ex.company.com/exchange/username

[where ex.company.com would the the location of the exchange server, and username would be your username]

If you're positive the settings are good, and/or you've done it before, let me know. I'm asking this b/c in my experience, ERROR - 17900
means authentication error.

Unfortunately, I did all those steps, and I know it is an authentication error - I don't have a clue and neither does googlelizing this a 100 different ways. I appreciate the help luffx. Gracias! If an idea breaks through, please give me a shout on here.

I think it just may not work. If I don't find an answer by tomorrow I may have to let 'er go, and get a Windows 7 desktop.

at2wells

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
Zed Zed 9 Plural Zed Alpha
Unfortunately, I did all those steps, and I know it is an authentication error - I don't have a clue and neither does googlelizing this a 100 different ways. I appreciate the help luffx. Gracias! If an idea breaks through, please give me a shout on here.

I think it just may not work. If I don't find an answer by tomorrow I may have to let 'er go, and get a Windows 7 desktop.

I would most certainly call apple to get help before I would return the thing. Just because this board cant help you doesnt mean it cant be "fixed".

crackbookpro

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 25, 2009
Om nom nom nom
I would most certainly call apple to get help before I would return the thing. Just because this board cant help you doesnt mean it cant be "fixed".

...if my IT director can't do it, I'm screwed.

I'm done googlelizing!!! This blows - the iMac is nice though :p

Anyone work at Apple or Microsoft who can help?

The iMac is the new 21.5'' w/the ATI GPU running SL... Please read 1st post /\ /\

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.