Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spcdust

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2008
London, UK
Okay, ordered my iMac i7 Imac two weeks ago through the UK Education Store, been away for a week and just went and checked my order and I get this "Cancelled" addition to my order:

imacn.jpg

No idea if this is a blip on their web-site as the Grand total remains the same, but there is no rhyme or reason for this as plenty of credit on my card etc. Annoyingly cannot speak to anyone at Apple until Monday as the call centre is now closed.

Anyone got any ideas or seen similar on their order?

Goldie009

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2009
I have the exact same on my page too! Not cool, I really hope there is an explanation for this.

Edit: I also ordered via the Education store, Glasgow University. I ordered on campus.

Order cancellation is approx 1536 GMT Yesterday. No money has been removed from my bank account at all, my one to one code came through email over 2 weeks ago so apple are surely happy about the order method??

Anyone else got any thoughts on it?

rogerram

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2008
Deepings, UK
Seems to be usual in UK & elsewhere in Europe-mine was 'cancelled' about 6 minutes before yours-there is some discussion about this on the 'waiting' thread. No worries!

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
This is normal, I had the same with my iMac back in March. It'll be added soon. I don'y know why are they doing this but you shouldn't worry about it

spcdust

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2008
London, UK
This is normal, I had the same with my iMac back in March. It'll be added soon. I don'y know why are they doing this but you shouldn't worry about it

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses, literally my heart missed a beat when I saw this. I have to say, Apple could learn a few things in the science of e-commerce as this is just one of several things that could be improved in their order reporting. One example would be to actually detail the ordered iMac's configuration in the status as what it currently reports "IMAC 27"/4850-512MB Z0GF" is some what ambiguous.

rahinco

macrumors newbie
Nov 8, 2009

Hi, I have the same problem too, my order was canceled on Friday (6 november) at 3.32PM, I didn't cancel it, I've just discovered it now... I'm wondering should I contact them about it or will they fix it themselves? I ask because you say you had this problem before - did you call them?

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Hi, I have the same problem too, my order was canceled on Friday (6 november) at 3.32PM, I didn't cancel it, I've just discovered it now... I'm wondering should I contact them about it or will they fix it themselves? I ask because you say you had this problem before - did you call them?

Nope because I discovered it afterwards (I was on vacation so didn't check it). Of course you can call Apple check why they cancelled it but I doubt you will get a decent answer from them. Wait till tomorrow though because I guess it'll be added tomorrow when sales department opens again :cool:

spcdust

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2008
London, UK

Does your order status look similar to mine (see photo on Original Post)? The way I read it is they cancelled the iMac part of the order HOWEVER it still appears on the "To Be Shipped" summary above. Hellhammer, in your experience does this look as if they have automatically added it back to the order or should I see the item added again as a separate item? Honestly, it all seems a little backward / unclear how the order status reports back and is open to different interpretations.

Hellhammer

Moderator emeritus
Dec 10, 2008
Finland
Does your order status look similar to mine (see photo on Original Post)? The way I read it is they cancelled the iMac part of the order HOWEVER it still appears on the "To Be Shipped" summary above. Hellhammer, in your experience does this look as if they have automatically added it back to the order or should I see the item added again as a separate item? Honestly, it all seems a little backward / unclear how the order status reports back and is open to different interpretations.

Look like it's added there again. Give Apple a call and ask, just to make sure

spcdust

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 6, 2008
London, UK
For anyone who has had the phantom reporting of their iMac order being cancelled in their order status the following "work-around check" may re-assure you.

Basically just click on the "Return Items" button and hopefully you should see something similar to the following:

returnitems.jpg

This seems to suggest that they have cancelled and then automatically re-added the iMac to your order. I suspect you'd see something similar if you clicked on "Cancel Order" button but I didn't want to tempt fate by doing that. Anyway, still worth giving Apple a call when they're open to just double check.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.