Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
I tried sending two emails on my iPhone using my MobileMe account yesterday and they failed to send. Now I can't find them anywhere in my MobileMe account on the phone and yet every time it checks for email, it tells me there are two unsent messages.

I've tried deleting the account and then adding it again and the same two emails show as unsent and I still can't find them to delete them.

I've also logged into my MobileMe account online and can't find them either.

How can I get rid of these two unsent emails?

Thanks

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Turn off mail in settings > mail > account.

Then send an email to yourself on your iphone. It wont be able to send because its now switched off. This should create an outbox in mail where the unsent messages reside and from where you can delete them.

Remember to swicth mail back on when you have got rid of them. :)

SpaceKitty

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Fort Collins Colorado
Turn off mail in settings > mail > account.

Then send an email to yourself on your iphone. It wont be able to send because its now switched off. This should create an outbox in mail where the unsent messages reside and from where you can delete them.

Remember to swicth mail back on when you have got rid of them. :)

That won't work because when that account is turned off and I press the email button, it prompts me to setup an email account and doesn't give me the option to send an email.

With this account off, it still tried to send those emails and fails, I just got a popup saying to configure the outgoing smtp settings even with it turned off.

This started when MobileMe was down yesterday.

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
That won't work because when that account is turned off and I press the email button, it prompts me to setup an email account and doesn't give me the option to send an email.

With this account off, it still tried to send those emails and fails, I just got a popup saying to configure the outgoing smtp settings even with it turned off.

This started when MobileMe was down yesterday.

It seems a good idea though, rather than turn the account off, I tried this in airplane mode, and got the right result, which was it created the Outbox folder, so you could try that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.