Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enochpeng

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Thank you for taking your time to view my post and possibly helping me!

My phone is about a month old and it's a Rogers iPhone 3GS 16GB

I jailbroken it using Dev-Team's method and than unlocked it using blackra1n.

Last night, I did a complete update in Cydia, and was told to reboot the device, I did so.

After that, my iPhone will only stay on the Apple logo screen for 10-20 second, and then shuts itself off again. I tried to reboot more than 30 times and tried to connect to my mac, same story......

Is there anyway I can restore it w/o the need to see it in iTunes??

I'm so upset now.... So any input or tips would be much much appreciated~!

Thanks everyone again!

enochpeng

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
Did you update mobile substrate? That has been causing problems with people. I would suggest restoring the phone in iTunes and rejailbreaking it. Is there a reason you don't want/can't use iTunes? It is required to do a restore.

Thanks mate, pardon me I didn't describe it clearly.

My phone won't even turn on now, will only stay on the apple logo screen for a while. So essentially I can't connect it with iTunes...

any idea?

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
You might have an iPhone with the updated iBoot, which means you can only do a teathered jailbreak. Check to make sure. :)

enochpeng

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 22, 2008
You might have an iPhone with the updated iBoot, which means you can only do a teathered jailbreak. Check to make sure. :)

Thanks for your help, but how can i do so? and does it require the iphone to been seen in iTunes and connected to the computer or completely turned on...

lucyg

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2009
help!!!

Thank you for taking your time to view my post and possibly helping me!

My phone is about a month old and it's a Rogers iPhone 3GS 16GB

I jailbroken it using Dev-Team's method and than unlocked it using blackra1n.

Last night, I did a complete update in Cydia, and was told to reboot the device, I did so.

After that, my iPhone will only stay on the Apple logo screen for 10-20 second, and then shuts itself off again. I tried to reboot more than 30 times and tried to connect to my mac, same story......

Is there anyway I can restore it w/o the need to see it in iTunes??

I'm so upset now.... So any input or tips would be much much appreciated~!

Thanks everyone again!

Please let me know if you were able to fix it and how. I had the exact same problem. :(

iPhone-power

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2009
Please let me know if you were able to fix it and how. I had the exact same problem (You and everyone who has purchased a new 3GS in the last 4-6 weeks or so). :(

There is no fix for this. For the new bootrom the jailbreak is a tethered jailbreak. It requires a computer, USB cable and copy of Blackra1n to restart or reboot every time !

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.