Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kalayci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
Houston
I put my iphone through x-ray machine in Houston prior to my departure to Amsterdam. I tried to turn my phone off it kept restarting after i did the "slide to power off"

I did a reset from the general items menu but didn't help.. So I am in Amsterdam at the airport with an zombi iphone.. this is a company laptop so i dont have access to itunes either.. :(

Please help

Thanks

kalayci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
Houston
I did try the hard reboot still no luck... maybe i should find another machine install itunes backup my data and reinstall the firmware.. and restore my data..

i have another flight in about two hours i guess i will put the phone on airplane mode

thanks for the feedback though

IDANNY

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2003
Las vegas
hacks

did you jailbrake the phone ever since I jailbraked mine it'd been acting weird. I had to hard reset that cleared it up. Also I think a couple days ago my phone locked up and I just turned it off for a couple minutes and turned it back on and It was good. Sorry if that wasn't any help but you can always get a prepaid phone till you get back if you are not gone for 2 long. Hope you figure this out that has to suck!

kalayci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
Houston
i solved the problem by luck.... when i was doing the slide for power off thing then it shows little circular bars moving then it was showing the apple icon again and restrating..

what i did was, when i did the slide for power off the moment i saw the circular bar activity i pressed home key and held it until the phone turned off. intresting solution but worked.. the apple icon never appeared.. i turned it back on and i was was able to turn it back off again..

thanks for all the replies..

kalayci

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 25, 2006
Houston
I thought I solved the problem. It did turn off once however never worked properly again. Battery started draining itself in 4 hours stnad by, etc. I got a new phone from Apple today. They exchanged it..:)

missmissy

macrumors newbie
Jul 14, 2009
You Rock

Did you try a hard reboot? (Hold down Power and Home buttons together for 5-10 seconds)

I just wanted to say that I was at my wits end with my phone (seriously considering a trip to the dump) and this helped!! These things are so delicate it is your bff or your worst enemy. Thanks again, you made my night:D

danpass

macrumors 68030
Jun 27, 2009
Glory
wow, thread from the depths.

almost like a ...............................
p962795142.gif

iphoneINSANITY

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2009
Turn Off Lcd/power Off Does Not Work

Im using an iphone 2g, firmware 3.1.2.
I recently jailbreak-ed the phone with blacksn0w.
I installed cydia
I installed BootNeuter
I ran BootNeuter

I was having trouble with detecting sim card
I got the 'different sim card specified' message

So i ran the diskaid program form windows

I made a backup of the lockdown folder
I removed the lockdown folder from the device

The phone works fine now, except that i cannot 'turn off LCD or even switch off the phone'

i tried force quitting and everything
i tried re-pasting the lockdown folder.

nothing seems to work.

I need to make that top button work!... Please help

Thanks in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.