Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

092833-ifixit_manuals.jpg

Popular do-it-yourself repair site iFixit yesterday announced that it has released nearly 250 new repair guides covering in great detail a wide assortment of repairs for every Mac mini model and every 17" and 20" iMac model produced by Apple since 2004.
The repair manuals include in-depth disassembly guides, model identification tips, troubleshooting techniques, and upgrade information. The 241 new repair guides use 1,452 photos to clearly communicate each step of the repair.
The company has also launched an iMac parts store to allow consumers to purchase the necessary parts for their repairs.

Article Link: iFixit Launches Nearly 250 Repair Manuals for iMac and Mac Mini

quantum003

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2009
Superposition
iFixit is one of the very best Mac sites on the web. I've used their free repair guides and screw charts more times than I can count; heck I've got a drawer full of guides I've printed out and used for a repair.

Thanks iFixit!! I've heard the owners of the site are in their late 20's and already loaded. You guys deserve it. :D

upchuck247

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2009
iFixit is one of the very best Mac sites on the web. I've used their free repair guides and screw charts more times than I can count; heck I've got a drawer full of guides I've printed out and used for a repair.

Thanks iFixit!! I've heard the owners of the site are in their late 20's and already loaded. You guys deserve it. :D

It's actually the second best after Macrumors ;)

BlueRevolution

macrumors 603
Jul 26, 2004
Montreal, QC
Awesome! Their guides were invaluable in tearing down my iBook without destroying anything, and it would've been great to have one when I upgraded my iMac's hard drive too.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
This is why they are always the first place I go when I'm looking for tear downs or guides about Apple stuff. IFixit rocks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.