Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spongey817

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
Hey guys

As of about two days, my facebook app has been giving me the same two problems:

1) "Error - Unable to Load Wall" when I go to view my wall

and

2) "Error - Unable to load notifications" when I view notifications

I'm running 3.1.2 with the newest version of facebook. I've tried logging in/out, deleting/reinstalling the app, phone restarts, etc.

Anyone having the same problem? Know a solution?

Thanks for your help..

Spongey817

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
Doesn't happen to me and probably not happening to anyone else, which is why you're not getting a response. You might want to contact Facebook somehow, since it might have something to do with their servers? Have you made sure it works on your computer?

Eh, a quick Google search reveals very few people experienced this issue, which is why I thought some of you guys here on MacRumors might have some insight.

Facebook is definitely working on my computer; it even works through Safari on my iPhone. The app just seems...well, broken.

Thanks for your reply. Other suggestions / input is welcome...

Spongey817

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
Fixed!

Solution:

1) Log into Facebook from a non-apple source (Firefox, IE, Camino, etc).

2) Go to your wall, look for posts with weird characters (boxes, arrows, etc).

3) Delete above mentioned posts. Refresh the page.

4) Facebook on iPhone works fine.

...The reason it didn't work for me at first was because I was using Safari on my Macbook. I logged in using Firefox instead and fixed it. Big thanks to the facebook link I provided above for the solution to this issue....

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
There is a problem with the app in that it won't display wall posts. Seems it is a wide spread problem.

darthkarl

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2007
Wyoming
This is definitely a problem on facebook's end. I can't load my wall on either my iPod Touch's facebook app nor on my Verizon Droid's android facebook app. They both fail.

kwyn

macrumors regular
Jan 9, 2009
Log out of facebook and back in on your phone each time you use it. This often solves it for me. Can't say it'll work for everyone though.

Pravda

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2008
Philly
Wife and i are having the same issue with Facebook on our iphones.
Cant view our own profiles (says "Robert has no recent posts") nor any of our friends.

I logged out of Facebook and logged back in with the same issue.

I also deleted the app, rebooted the iphone and reinstalled the app, same issue.

Maverickster

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2009
Yup. Profile Wall views are fubared. Happens on every wall I try. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the app, so that's not the problem. Appears to be a FB issue.

Maverickster

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2009
FYI, here's the error:

4122227537_a113ab4143_o.png

We all know that ain't true.

SuperKat

macrumors regular
Dec 14, 2008
In A Galaxy Far, Far Away
Same Prob

I have been having the same problem on my iPhone with my wall. It keeps saying no recent posts.
Every thing's fine on my Mac though. Must just be an app malfunction.
As long as Bejewled Blitz works, I'm okay. :p

Spongey817

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 4, 2008
I have been having the same problem on my iPhone with my wall. It keeps saying no recent posts.
Every thing's fine on my Mac though. Must just be an app malfunction.
As long as Bejewled Blitz works, I'm okay. :p

Make sure you access Facebook from a browser other than Safari. The error, for me at least, didn't show up on Safari, but did on Firefox. From there, it can be easily fixed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.