Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SchneiderMan

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Got these great sounding headphones today and did an unboxing please check it out :)

Click Here

dsc0721.jpg

dsc0723.jpg

dsc0728c.jpg

FX120

macrumors 65816
May 18, 2007
My distributor stopped by the other day with a pair, they're great for the price ($50!?!), better than the 7506's in my opinion.

paolo-

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2008
I'm currently looking for big cans myself. I don't want to spend a spend a fortune (around 50, willing to go a bit higher). I want them for use in the bus, monitoring while doing vocals and get a second opinion from my monitors, they kind of lack in the lower bass department, I sometimes get surprised when playing my mixes in subs (and late night composing ;) ).

So I just want relatively cheap phones with a honest sound that don't look like they could be part of a hot wheels car.

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I'm currently looking for big cans myself. I don't want to spend a spend a fortune (around 50, willing to go a bit higher). I want them for use in the bus, monitoring while doing vocals and get a second opinion from my monitors, they kind of lack in the lower bass department, I sometimes get surprised when playing my mixes in subs (and late night composing ;) ).

So I just want relatively cheap phones with a honest sound that don't look like they could be part of a hot wheels car.

This is when you want to take a stroll around Head-Fi.org, especially given your budgets. While I have not tested the Shure's, my understanding is that they are relatively balanced, there are a couple of cans in the price range that come to mind that are lower-end heavy.

jedininjaster

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2009
mine broke

Mine broke after a week of normal studio use. They are new so they probably have some kinks to work out. 2 yr warranty too, but still a bummer

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.