Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jay81

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
1) I can surf at work and not have to use my company workstation so much to do it.
2) I can surf while taking a dump at my house or at work. Try doing that with a laptop. Sure you can do with with a cell phone but you dont have the full Safari browser unless you have Iphone and you have to be on AT&T
3) I can surf and listen to music in bed with my wife without her even know I am surfing the net by turning down the brightness.
4) I can surf at the mall when my wife forces me to go against my wishes
5) I can check out my fantasy scores while sitting on the couch watching the NFL instead of having to sit at my computer trying to watch the game
6) I dont have a huge music collection but I have 7 more GB than I did with my NANO so now I can add even more
7) The thing is just so cool looking and portable...my friend are in awe of it lol
8) I dont have to be on AT&T and since where I live is so wired(Loudoun County,VA), i have no problem finding a hot spot without having to pay for the data cost
9) Photos and Movies are cool but i have a big HDTV for my movies. I like being able to show pictures on the IPOD
10) The ITunes store seems pretty cool. Havent used it yet

5 things I hate

1) Where is the flash? I have to keep refreshing CBS sportsline.
2) How can they not give us ability to add to the calender from the device(Is this a joke??)
3) I wish we could stream live radio/broadcasts
4) Im still not sure I have a screen problem but If i do..it seems minor
5) I hate the cost....it should of been 199 for the 8gb

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
your happiness can be summed up as:

I can surf internet on a ultraportable device.

jay81

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
your happiness can be summed up as:

I can surf internet on a ultraportable device.

pretty much lol. Its good for music too but i really just bought it for internet use from my house,work and hotels,etc

Ninden

macrumors member
Sep 7, 2005
Rochester, New York
Top 1 thing about the touch:

Interface.

Just using this thing is a dream come true. Everything is smooth, everything flows, everything is natural.

I honestly don't believe a device (other then the iPhone) has ever existed with an interface this amazing. The multi touch gestures are so natural, the simple flick that scrolls and the universal home button to quickly and easily get back.
I've actually been using the touch to browse the web at home, because it's just more fun to use then a full computer interface. In fact the only detractor from the web browsing is the screen size, but they handle that elegantly with the zooming.

Simply a dream!

jay81

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2007
Top 1 thing about the touch:

Interface.

Just using this thing is a dream come true. Everything is smooth, everything flows, everything is natural.

I honestly don't believe a device (other then the iPhone) has ever existed with an interface this amazing. The multi touch gestures are so natural, the simple flick that scrolls and the universal home button to quickly and easily get back.
I've actually been using the touch to browse the web at home, because it's just more fun to use then a full computer interface. In fact the only detractor from the web browsing is the screen size, but they handle that elegantly with the zooming.

Simply a dream!

I agree....i love browsing on the device. The web pages look incredible and blow away anything Ive ever seen on a cell phone.

So when it all comes down to it...do most people like their ITouch?

clevin

macrumors G3
Aug 6, 2006
pretty much lol. Its good for music too but i really just bought it for internet use from my house,work and hotels,etc

indeed, me too, other than watching video out of sympathy for the 7G space, ( apparent in deep trouble due to screen issue...)

Joedy

macrumors member
Dec 27, 2006
...4) I can surf at the mall when my wife forces me to go against my wishes....

5 things I hate

I'll take EVERY single negative aspect of this device in light of this eye-opening revelation.

It's worth every penny, in my opinion.

-joedy

jamesybsu

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2007
thats good - i can't wait to get mine. Since I am on a college campus now I can sit and surf the web without having to get my MBP out!! Amazon says October 1st for me......the wait will kill me :) Reminds me of the South Park episode where Cartman is waiting for the Nintendo Wii :)

madmaxmedia

macrumors 68030
Dec 17, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I also really like Coverflow.

When you already know what you want to listen to, then you just use the regular mode to find it. But I found that I enjoy flipping thru Coverflow, stopping at different albums that caught my eye, and firing up random tracks from different albums.

The only other thing I want is a way to view text content. Not only did they remove the iPhone Notes app, but they didn't bring over the Notes from the other iPods.

I did find these workarounds, for those who are interested-

http://www.insanelygreattees.com/news/?p=51 (very cool!)
http://www.maclife.com/article/who_says_the_iphone_cant_carry_your_files (online services)
http://textoniphone.com/mblsnack/other.htm (another online service)
http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20070706141839286 (PDF to iPhoto)

JG24Patrick

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
Wrong!?!?!

1st you can listen to radio its called pandora, the ipod touch is 195 $ for the 8gb, and lastly you can add to the calendar click on the date and add a note and time! WOW SO HARD!?!?!?:):eek::D:apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.