Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

-PsYcHoNoVa-

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
Hey, I'm trying to find an app that allows you to add text to
pictures. Something that allows you to move the font anywhere on the picture and has a wide variety of font sizes, styles, and colors. I've already tried Wallpaper! and it worked alright for awhile, but it has gone downhill.

-PsYcHoNoVa-

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
I already have PhotoGene, it only has like 5 fonts and you have to
use a bubble caption. Ransom letters is cool, but of course it is limited to magazine cut out styled letters.

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
[app]PhotoCanvas[/app] has a variety of fonts, sizes, and colors. Works for me.

iphoneappguru

macrumors newbie
Mar 24, 2012
Pictures with Words

Try Pictures with Words iPhone and iPad app. You can add text, you can zoom and rotate the text. And you can choose from hundreds of fonts. Plus you can add symbols and other things.

iXunter

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2012
PixiTag

I use PixiTag. It lets me type my text on any photo preserving image quality. Hundreds of fonts, any text size. I can drag text around to reposition. I can choose color, text effects, etc. Sharing options are great. Love it.

Geekland

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2011
Adding text

You can try "Words on Pics". It allows you to add photo caption, thought/speech bubbles to your photos. The app gives you options of font color, font size, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.