Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krystalo

macrumors newbie
Nov 19, 2009
Do i need to download Cider in order to play this game? Or is the wrapper the cider version of the game?

carlosftapia

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2009
question

Download where?

http://forum.portingteam.com/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=1976

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is the latest game from Infinity Ward released on November 10th 2009

Quote:
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (previously marketed as simply Modern Warfare 2) is a first-person shooter video game developed by Infinity Ward and published by Activision for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. The game was officially announced on February 11, 2009. It is the sixth installment of the Call of Duty series, and the direct sequel to Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, continuing along the same storyline.

More info:
Official Website: http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/
Wikipedia Article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_Warfare_2

Status: Green - playable on nvidia & ATI gfx chips (what was tested)

Install Notes:

Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 Wineskin Wrapper (tahnks to doh123 )

Extract your version:
- Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2-DE (if you installed Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 on a German Windows OS)
- Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2-EN (if you installed Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 on a English/US Windows OS Version)

1) Unzip your version of Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2-XX.zip
2) Right click - show contents
3) Follow along the red marks (Contents/Resources/drive_c)
4) Copy your content from Call Of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 (Activision folder) into
a) for US/ENG Windows Version - Program Files
b) for German Windows Version - Programme
5) Start the Game

Known Issues:
- trying to change the setting quits the game - so default only -
- will need further testen - just wanted to make this available to everyone asap -

Notes:
Works with the
HIDE: ON:
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message

What was tested so far:
Single Player - works
Special Ops - Single Player works
it also tries to connect online - but I dont have a cd key to test it ... so doubt Multiplay is working

Download
Wrapper:
HIDE: ON:
You need to reply to this topic before you can view the hidden message

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
then it means you have GMA (as i do). Sorry bro, youre not gonna play it on GMA or ATI, only NVidia

I just tried it on 2 nvidia machines and neither worked. Looks like I'm stuck playing it in Windows for now.

sleeptalk

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2009
can someone post the download link to the wrapper plz? i couldnt get it in the other forum... thanks

dafootballer

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
actually it does run on ATI machines there are three different ports available a wineskin, crossover, and cider port the cider port does not work with ATI cards.

Also to download the wrapper on the website (which is like the cider wrappers you have seen before) you need to have 5 posts this is to defeat leechers who just say "thanks" for one port and never show up again

jamesse007

macrumors newbie
Nov 25, 2009
Spain
Mw2

Can't wait to get my hands on MW2 for mac. COD4 is the best game ever!!! Don't get tired of playing it online!! =D

GonzoRob

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2004
works with crossover + steam install with me! Also, Left 4 Dead 2 works !

The wrappers created by the Mac Porting Team usually only work on no-cd rips and are often only tested on pirated copies. I dont want to be seen as putting down their work, it's awesome, but it's not really "legit" ;)

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
works with crossover + steam install with me! Also, Left 4 Dead 2 works !

The wrappers created by the Mac Porting Team usually only work on no-cd rips and are often only tested on pirated copies. I dont want to be seen as putting down their work, it's awesome, but it's not really "legit" ;)

That's probably why it's not working for me. I have a legit copy with steam, so the wrapper won't launch the game correctly (I'm guessing because the game requires steam to be running in order to launch).

Can you explain how you installed it in Crossover? Also, how's the game performance in Crossover?

xPismo

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
California.
Subbed. This is a cool idea. I'll have to wait to get home to test it out -- does anyone know if there is a wineskin for mass effect? Google failed me. :(

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
I installed this game using Crossover and it runs like crap. The mouse seems sticky and laggy. How do I fix it?

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I saw a few people who were using the Cider port. Doesn't perform nearly as well as running it in Windows (due to a number of reasons, mainly OS X's crappy GPU drivers).

If you want to play games on your Mac, install Windows via Boot Camp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.