Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkwave103

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
i'm wondering how to do a dual boot on my macbook g5 with ubuntu and snow leopard iv tried using refit but it made my mac act all funny :confused: and it wouldnt run proberally so im wondering is there any other way of making this dual boot happen?? thnx in adance 4 ur help :)

darkwave103

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
Oki partioning my hdd worked :) only problem I've got now is gettin ubuntu 2 recgonise my wifi or my sound :(

Darth.Titan

macrumors 68030
Oct 31, 2007
Austin, TX
QUOTE=darkwave103;8904044]i'm wondering how to do a dual boot on my macbook g5 with ubuntu and snow leopard iv tried using refit but it made my mac act all funny :confused: and it wouldnt run proberally so im wondering is there any other way of making this dual boot happen?? thnx in adance 4 ur help :)[/QUOTE]

Where'd you get a G5 MacBook?

And one that will run Snow Leopard no less! ;)

darkwave103

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 2, 2009
I dnt know alot bout comps but my bf who does was under the impression tht it woz a g5 I mite b rong though as iv sed b4 I'm no tht gr8 wov comps this is the 1st of me doin a dual boot so I'm a noob at all this

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.