Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chelleb2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
Hi there

Had my iphone for exactly a month now, never dropped it or spilt anything on it and all of a sudden tonight i go to reply to a text (i heard the message tone) and i notice the buttons won't work :-s so i try switching it off and that's not working either

so my phone is on, i can hear people trying to call and text me and when i plug the charger on i hear it making the connection noise but basically there is no screen!!

any help much appreciated!!

JLatte

macrumors 6502
Dec 2, 2005
San Diego
Don't hold it down, but hit the top power button a couple of times. Sometimes my phone locks on a black screen if I do some wacky combination of things while the program is closing. I noticed pressing the home button repeatedly doesn't get it off this black screen, but pressing the top power button several times until it goes to the lock screen seems to work. Just don't hold it, only press it.

chelleb2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 24, 2008
i phoned o2 this morning and they told me to hold and press the menu and power buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds and then an apple symbol would appear and the phone would reset itself

it worked but the apple symbol was there for a while but eventually the normal screen came back

so there is the answer if this happens to anyone else :)

Layla09

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2009
Omg, thank you so much chelleb2 for posting the solution to this problem!!! The same thing just happened to me and had me freaking out because nothing I did would turn the screen back on. THANKS for your help :)

carlos12321

macrumors newbie
Dec 23, 2009
You can also try holding down the Power and Home button at the same time for about 10 seconds. See how that works out.

SKK

macrumors newbie
Apr 15, 2010
No screen!

Thanks, Carlos. Your information is very helpful for me.
Now I get back my screen.:)

woodbs

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2010
screen

I droppedmy phone...now the screen is white..tried rebooting ..nada? any ideas? Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.