Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rubyinparadise

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2009
For some reason the Photos tab is missing from iTunes on my Windows XP system. When I connect my iPhone, I can select it within iTunes. I then see eight tabs: Summary, Info, Applications, Ringtones, Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts.

I called Apple Support and someone there was nice enough to assist me even though my free 90 days of phone support has long since expired. He sent me a doc to uninstall all Apple apps in a specific order, and then reinstall iTunes, saying this would probably fix the problem. I carefully followed the instructions, rebooted and reinstalled iTunes, but the problem persists.

Any ideas?

One clue: When I initially connect the iPhone and it begins its automatic sync, I get this error message:

"iTunes cannot sync photos to the iPhone "ruby's iPhone" because the folder "for iPhone" cannot be found."

I tried creating a "for iPhone" folder within My Pictures (default photo location on WinXP) but it did not solve the problem-- I still get the same error message, and the Photos tab is still missing.

Thanks for any help from anyone who has been there and resolved this problem successfully!

jettowski

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2009
Answer to no Photos tab

After spending 5 1/2 hours, talking with Apple reps, googling for answers, uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes, and installing other photo programs, I came up with a simple idea that actually fixed the problem. It should have been my first fix rather than 5 1/2 hours later. Always looking for a difficult answer when many times it is simple.

I am confident this will remedy your problem. Go to "Controls" on your PC, find where to adjust screen resolution and slide the resolution bar gradually increasing resolution and amount of info that will appear on your computer screen. Before accepting, take a look at your iTunes page. The photo tab should appear in the extreme right hand corner. If not, keep adusting until it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.