Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

turbokuo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
My MBA Rev A's 37WH battery is dying and since I need to replace it I was thinking about buying the bigger 40WH battery from the MBA Rev C to eek out a little more juice. Has anyone already been able to figure out if this will work?

turbokuo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 20, 2008
Thanks for the response!....Before I posted this thread I called a couple of third party Mac service shops and they said it could not be done. I wonder if this was just a standard response.

ayeying

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2007
Yay Area, CA
I can't answer for service providers. Honestly, I'm not 100% sure. Theoretically, if all the screws are in the right position and the plug is the same, theres no reason why it shouldn't work.

aleksandra.

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Warsaw, Poland
There was speculation that SMC update for older MBA's released soon after revision C added compatibility for new battery, so they'd be able to use new batteries for replacements when they run out of original ones - it would make sense since it'd be cheaper for Apple to order more of one part, not two different ones. Of course we won't know for sure until someone tries it (or gets a new battery as a replacement).

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
My MBA Rev A's 37WH battery is dying and since I need to replace it I was thinking about buying the bigger 40WH battery from the MBA Rev C to eek out a little more juice. Has anyone already been able to figure out if this will work?

please update the progress, i'm thinking of buying a new battery for my rev B as well.

matthewHUB

macrumors 6502
Nov 29, 2005
i'm interested in knowing too. Is there any info on sites like ifixit? did you try to contact them?

terraphantm

macrumors 68040
Jun 27, 2009
Pennsylvania
bumping an old thread

has anyone actually tried this? I've got a rev b, and I'd like to get as much battery life as possible. If it does work, anyone know where I can order a rev c battery?

Marconelly

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2008
I'm interested in this too. Also, what is a good place to order a new battery in Canada? If I get one from Ebay, what should I look for?

crx7

macrumors newbie
Aug 21, 2010
Purchased a used 40Whr apple battery from ebay. Installed fine and works so far on my early rev A. 31 cycle count used battery, seller had a picture of the apple logo and 40wHr label.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.