Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Flaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
Hi Guys, can anyone help me with this problem. I am using ANYDVD HD through Fusion 3 to rip my blu-rays and I have tried to submit the eac3to batch script in cmd, by copying and pasting the command in this tutorial, but I get this following error:
tktya-yl5

At the end of the command it says "J was unexpected at this time."

I am not familiar with batch scripting and would like to get info for my AnyDVD files.

If someone could point me in †he right direction it would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Tim

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Hi Guys, can anyone help me with this problem. I am using ANYDVD HD through Fusion 3 to rip my blu-rays and I have tried to submit the eac3to batch script in cmd, by copying and pasting the command in this tutorial, but I get this following error:
tktya-yl5

At the end of the command it says "J was unexpected at this time."

I am not familiar with batch scripting and would like to get info for my AnyDVD files.

If someone could point me in †he right direction it would be much appreciated.
Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim, thanks for posting!
You need to insert the paths to eac3to and your batch folders in the batch script. Eac3to should be on your "C" drive. If your using VMware, you should set your batch folders as shared folders, the paths should be something like, "Z:\Batch Rip Movies".

I hope this helps! Thanks again, mac.jedi

Nerdy

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Hi all, first off. A big thank-you to macjedi for your contribution.

I seem to be having a little trouble with the TV tagging. After the action has complete I am still left with the temp files as well as the original files.

I have tried on 2 different macs and get the same result.

Also, the TV Episode renaming when selecting a new name results in duplications in the file name. Anyone else having the same problems?

I can post more details if needed.

Cheers

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Hi all, first off. A big thank-you to macjedi for your contribution.

I seem to be having a little trouble with the TV tagging. After the action has complete I am still left with the temp files as well as the original files.

I have tried on 2 different macs and get the same result.

Also, the TV Episode renaming when selecting a new name results in duplications in the file name. Anyone else having the same problems?

I can post more details if needed.

Cheers

Hi Nerdy, make sure you have the Replace existing file checkbox enabled in the workflows, otherwise it will keep the temp file.

Can you explain/give examples of what you're experiencing with the renamer?

Thanks for posting! mac.jedi

Nerdy

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Ok, looks like my temp file problems was solved with a simple check box. Don't know how I missed that one.

The next issue is the TV ep naming.

Say I have an original filename of stargate_sg1_s01e01.m4v and I want to rename it to something that the tagger will like.

I right click on the file and choose Rename & Tag Tv Items.

In the pop-up I select New Name and type Stargate SG1 - S01E
Leave place number as afer name and change separated by to nothing. When I hit continue I end up with a file name like
Stargate SG1 - S01EStagate SG1 - S01E01.m4v

Any ideas?
Cheers

Flaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
Hi Tim, thanks for posting!
You need to insert the paths to eac3to and your batch folders in the batch script. Eac3to should be on your "C" drive. If your using VMware, you should set your batch folders as shared folders, the paths should be something like, "Z:\Batch Rip Movies".

I hope this helps! Thanks again, mac.jedi

Thanks macJedi,

I believe I do have the paths correct. The only difference with my setup from your tutorial is that my shared Z: drive in VMware is on another internal drive in my mac Pro and not on the main MAC HD. But the paths still stay the same (Z:\Batch Rip Movies) The folders are set up identical to your tutorial (Batch Rip Movies ect..) which are the only folders I am sharing with VMware. The one thing I don't know much about is the eac3to.

I downloaded the eac3to folder from a website and placed it on the C: drive next to other folders like "program files", so I am guessing that is the place to put it.
Do I need to install anything or is that it??
And do I copy and paste your entire script in your tutorial under the AnyDvd part?

Love what you have done with Automator, and I appreciate you helping out us beginners.

Cheers
Tim

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Thanks macJedi,

I believe I do have the paths correct. The only difference with my setup from your tutorial is that my shared Z: drive in VMware is on another internal drive in my mac Pro and not on the main MAC HD. But the paths still stay the same (Z:\Batch Rip Movies) The folders are set up identical to your tutorial (Batch Rip Movies ect..) which are the only folders I am sharing with VMware. The one thing I don't know much about is the eac3to.

I downloaded the eac3to folder from a website and placed it on the C: drive next to other folders like "program files", so I am guessing that is the place to put it.
Do I need to install anything or is that it??
And do I copy and paste your entire script in your tutorial under the AnyDvd part?

Love what you have done with Automator, and I appreciate you helping out us beginners.

Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim,

I should have explained how to use the script a bit more. The eac3info.command code in the tutorial is a batch script that you must edit in a text editor and save to a file in your Windows virtual machine. I'll outline the steps below to help you get it up and running.

1. Open TextEdit and Create a new Plain Text document (CMD+SHIFT+T).
  2. Copy and Paste the script below into the document.

eac3info.command
    Code:
    for /d %%i in ("Z:\Path\to\Batch Rip Movies\*") do "C:\Path\to\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%i" > "%%i\%%~ni_info.txt" 
    )
    for /d %%j in ("Z:\Path\to\Batch Rip TV\*") do "C:\Path\to\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%j" > "%%j\%%~nj_info.txt"
    )
  3. Edit the "\Path\to\eac3to\eac3to.exe" file paths in the text file to the paths of your eac3to.exe file. The eac3to file should be located in the eac3to folder.

Note: You need to make this change in two places in the script, for Batch Rip Movies and Batch Rip TV.

4. Next, Edit the paths to your Batch Rip Movies and Batch Rip TV.
  5. Here is a completed example below:
    Code:
    for /d %%i in ("Z:\Batch Rip Movies\*") do "C:\Program Files\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%i" > "%%i\%%~ni_info.txt" 
    )

for /d %%j in ("Z:\Batch Rip TV\*") do "C:\Program Files\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%j" > "%%j\%%~nj_info.txt"
    )
  6. Next, Save the TextEdit file to one of your shared folders as: eac3info.command
  7. In Windows, Open Explorer and navigate to your eac3info.command file. Copy this file to your Windows Desktop.
  8. To use the batch file, double-click on the eac3info file and it will run in Command Prompt, scanning each source folder in your Batch Rip Movies or Batch Rip TV folders. The eac3to info will be saved as a text file in the source folder for each source it finds.

Note that eac3info.command is intended to be used after you've copied all the discs in your VM session, not after copying each disc.

I hope this helps!

Thanks, mac.jedi

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
Ok, looks like my temp file problems was solved with a simple check box. Don't know how I missed that one.

The next issue is the TV ep naming.

Say I have an original filename of stargate_sg1_s01e01.m4v and I want to rename it to something that the tagger will like.

I right click on the file and choose Rename & Tag Tv Items.

In the pop-up I select New Name and type Stargate SG1 - S01E
Leave place number as afer name and change separated by to nothing. When I hit continue I end up with a file name like
Stargate SG1 - S01EStagate SG1 - S01E01.m4v

Any ideas?
Cheers

Hi Nerdy,

The problem stems from the name of your original file. The Rename & Tag TV Items Service is meant for a very specific filename convention. Please read the section of the tutorial called "How to Automate TV Show File Tagging with iTunes Style Metadata" for more info on why it won't work with your existing filenames.

https://forums.macrumors.com/posts/8667474/

If your files are already in order, you can rename your existing files to the filename convention used by the Add TV Tags.action by creating your own renamer workflow.

Creating a Finder • Rename Finder Items Service
  1. In Automator, Select the Service workflow Template.
  2. At the top of the Workflow, Set the Service properties to "Files or Folders" in "Service receives selected" pop-up menu, and "Finder" in the "in" pop-up menu.
  3. Drag the Rename Finder Items action from the Action Library into your workflow.
  4. Select "Make Sequential" from the pop-up menu in the action panel.
  5. Select the "new name" radio button and enter the text you'd like to rename your files, example: Stargate SG1 - S01E
  6. Make sure "after name" is selected in the "Place number" pop-up menu.
  7. Select "nothing" in the "separated by" pop-up menu.
  8. Next in the "Start numbers at" text field, enter the number you'd like the Action to start as the first episode number (enter 1 for episode 1). The action will append each file with a sequential number starting with the number you enter in this text field.
  9. Then, Enable the "Make all numbers" check-box and enter "2" in the digits long text field.
  10. Check the example at the bottom of the action to make sure it looks like it conforms to the following naming convention: Show Name - S##E##.xxx (ex. Stargate SG1 - S01E01.xxx).
  11. Next, Select "Options" from the bottom of the action panel.
  12. Enable the "Show this action when the workflow runs" which will show the action panel each time you run the Service. This is helpful when you need to change the title, season or episode numbers.
  13. Choose File > Save As… and save the Service as "Finder • Rename Finder Items". Choose Save.
  14. To run your Service, select the items you want to rename. Right-click and Select the Service.
  15. The action pane should open allowing you to edit if needed.
  16. Click Continue to rename the selected files.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

mac.jedi

Flaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
Hi Mac.Jedi,

Thank you for you're patience with me. I think I have followed what you have outlined, but am still having problems.
I am using windows 7(not sure if that changes anything??)

Here is what I did

1. Open TextEdit and Create a new Plain Text document (CMD+SHIFT+T).
  2. Copy and Paste the script below into the document.

1. Didi this, no problems.

[*]Next, Edit the paths to your Batch Rip Movies and Batch Rip TV.

[*]Here is a completed example below:
    Code:
    for /d %%i in ("Z:\Batch Rip Movies\*") do "C:\Program Files\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%i" > "%%i\%%~ni_info.txt" 
    )

for /d %%j in ("Z:\Batch Rip TV\*") do "C:\Program Files\eac3to\eac3to.exe" "%%j" > "%%j\%%~nj_info.txt"
    )

It made sense to delete the previous script above and just copy and paste your example script as it pointed to where my Batch Rip movie/TV and Eac3to folders are.

[*]Next, Save the TextEdit file to one of your shared folders as: eac3info.command

Done. Desktop is a shared folder so I saved it there.

[*]In Windows, Open Explorer and navigate to your eac3info.command file. Copy this file to your Windows Desktop.

Done.

[*]To use the batch file, double-click on the eac3info file and it will run in Command Prompt

Windows did not recognize it as a .command file so I needed to either choose form a program on the web or "open with" a program on the computer, so I choose the "CMD" program in the "System 32 folder"

scanning each source folder in your Batch Rip Movies or Batch Rip TV folders. The eac3to info will be saved as a text file in the source folder for each source it finds.

When I double clicked on the file we just saved (eac3toinfo.command) This is what came up

tl7l3-wtq

So I am not sure what is going on. It appears that the paths are now good but the script we made is not executing??
    Should I Re-download another version of eac3to? Is there a site in particular I should go to?

Much appreciated
    Tim

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
I am using windows 7(not sure if that changes anything??)

I use the release candidate of Windows 7, so all should be good there.

Windows did not recognize it as a .command file so I needed to either choose form a program on the web or "open with" a program on the computer, so I choose the "CMD" program in the "System 32 folder"

Try changing the file extension to .cmd, then double-click it again.

If it still doesn't work, then try opening Command Prompt, it's in Accessories via the programs menu. Drag the file into the command-line window. Press Enter, and try running it from there.

Should I Re-download another version of eac3to? Is there a site in particular I should go to?

This is the forum where I download eac3to, link is at the top of the thread. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966

Try downloading it to your Windows desktop and unzip it there. Then, change the path in the script to: "C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eac3to\eac3to.exe"

I hope this helps,

Thanks, mac.jedi

Nerdy

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2009
Brisbane, Australia
Hi Nerdy,

The problem stems from the name of your original file. The Rename & Tag TV Items Service is meant for a very specific filename convention. Please read the section of the tutorial called "How to Automate TV Show File Tagging with iTunes Style Metadata" for more info on why it won't work with your existing filenames.

All sorted. Thank-you very much for your help.

Flaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
I use the release candidate of Windows 7, so all should be good there.

Try changing the file extension to .cmd, then double-click it again.

If it still doesn't work, then try opening Command Prompt, it's in Accessories via the programs menu. Drag the file into the command-line window. Press Enter, and try running it from there.

This is the forum where I download eac3to, link is at the top of the thread. http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=125966

Try downloading it to your Windows desktop and unzip it there. Then, change the path in the script to: "C:\Users\Tim\Desktop\eac3to\eac3to.exe"

I hope this helps,

Thanks, mac.jedi

Hey Mac.Jedi,

Just to let you know I did a re-install of eac3to and i used a .cmd on the end of the script and it worked:):):):):)

Thanks again for your support. Amazing job.

Tim

Flaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
Hi Mac.Jedi,

If you don't mind I would like to ask 2 more questions.

1#The size of you're 1080p preset encodes are way to big (23-24GB) for my popcorn hour 110.
Is there a way to change you're "1080P preset" to reduce the size of the movies to around 10gb)?

On the GUI version I use the "Apple TV" preset and change the aspect to 1080p and use around 60% constant bit rate quality. That normally gives me around 7-14GB depending on the movie.

2#Secondly, now that I have eac3to getting info for my "Batch Rip Movies" will Hanbrake CLI be able to see chapters through you're presets?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tim

boramilrn

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2009
NJ, USA
Thanks for the hard work, mac.jedi. This took away any excuses I had for finally ripping my DVD collection.

One problem I can't seem to figure out, though. I can go through the whole process of popping in a disc, answering the Dispatcher's question about what type it is and then watch as fairmount does its thing and the rip finishes.

If I pop in a second DVD, the Dispatcher comes up and asks "Ignore", "TV Show" or "Movie" just like I expect, but then nothing happens when I choose something other than "Ignore". No matter what I try, I can't rip 2 DVDs back to back without restarting in between.

I'm relatively new to Mac, so, while I know how to open things up in Automator to have a look at how they work, I don't know enough to be able to trace what's happening between the Dispatcher and the Batch Rip action.

Any ideas? I'm using the latest 1.0.4 package.

Thanks!

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
1#The size of you're 1080p preset encodes are way to big (23-24GB) for my popcorn hour 110.
Is there a way to change you're "1080P preset" to reduce the size of the movies to around 10gb)?

Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late response. The "HD (1080p)" setting in the action should produce files around that 7-14GB range you are looking for. Just make sure you have the check-box enabled. The setting is basically HB's Apple TV preset with h.264 compression and max height of 1080px and max width of 1920px (for standard or widescreen).

Perhaps you are using the source MKV file. The action will first create an uncompressed MKV file for HandBrake. This file is usually really big. I use this file for Plex, since it only takes a few minutes to encode. If you have the "HD (1080p)" setting enabled, this file will be used as the source for HB to create the h.264 MKV which is much smaller in file size.

2#Secondly, now that I have eac3to getting info for my "Batch Rip Movies" will Hanbrake CLI be able to see chapters through you're presets?

The eac3to info is only for title selection. For HD sources, HB can only read the chapters from MKV files. The MakeMKV file created from your source will allow HB to read and include them in your m4v or 1080p mkv file.

I hope this helps! Thanks, mac.jedi

mac.jedi

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2008
The O.C.
If I pop in a second DVD, the Dispatcher comes up and asks "Ignore", "TV Show" or "Movie" just like I expect, but then nothing happens when I choose something other than "Ignore". No matter what I try, I can't rip 2 DVDs back to back without restarting in between.

Hi boramilrn,

Try running the Dispatcher Service and selecting "Reset"? After it resets, it should pop-up again and then select "Enable".

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks, mac.jedi

boramilrn

macrumors newbie
Dec 9, 2009
NJ, USA
Hi boramilrn,

Try running the Dispatcher Service and selecting "Reset"? After it resets, it should pop-up again and then select "Enable".

Let me know if you continue to have problems.

Thanks, mac.jedi

That did the trick! I feel dumb for not having tried that right away.

Thanks again!

nickthebrodie

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2007
Kansas
Thanks for all the work on this. I used your previous method when running leopard and it worked great. However, I'm running into problems getting this setup under Snow Leopard. When I go to test the Batch Rip service, I get the dialog asking disk type, then terminal launches and this is what I get;

Last login: Sat Dec 19 23:47:13 on ttys000
/tmp/batchRipTmp.sh ; exit;
Nick-Stallbaumers-iMac:~ nickthebrodie$ /tmp/batchRipTmp.sh ; exit;
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 36: basename: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 518: osascript: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 519: osascript: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 108: tr: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 109: tr: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 110: tr: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 525: ioreg: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 525: grep: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 525: sed: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 525: grep: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 535: mkdir: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 540: /tmp/batchRip-3862/currentItems.txt: No such file or directory
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 138: tr: command not found
/Users/nickthebrodie/Library/Automator/Batch Rip.action/Contents/Resources/batchRip.sh: line 138: tr: command not found
ERROR: could not be found
Check $movieOutputDir to set your Batch Rip Movies folder

ERROR: could not be found
Check $tvOutputDir to set your Batch Rip TV folder

logout

[Process completed]

I've removed everything a couple of times hoping that starting over would help with no luck. Everything is where it should be, file names match, etc... I just can't get past the first step. Thanks for any help.

Flaz

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2009
Hi Tim,

Sorry for the late response. The "HD (1080p)" setting in the action should produce files around that 7-14GB range you are looking for. Just make sure you have the check-box enabled. The setting is basically HB's Apple TV preset with h.264 compression and max height of 1080px and max width of 1920px (for standard or widescreen).

Perhaps you are using the source MKV file. The action will first create an uncompressed MKV file for HandBrake. This file is usually really big. I use this file for Plex, since it only takes a few minutes to encode. If you have the "HD (1080p)" setting enabled, this file will be used as the source for HB to create the h.264 MKV which is much smaller in file size.

The eac3to info is only for title selection. For HD sources, HB can only read the chapters from MKV files. The MakeMKV file created from your source will allow HB to read and include them in your m4v or 1080p mkv file.

I hope this helps! Thanks, mac.jedi

Hi mac.jedi,

I have just re-encoded another movie and the file size turned out to be 27GB, a large file again. Here is the log:
tsqbd-dal

I dont know whats going on. I do have "1080P" checked:
tsqcf-vgo

Kinda scratching my head:confused:

mstrze

macrumors 68000
Nov 6, 2009
mac.jedi...thank you SO much for this. It's really made what I thought would be a daunting task become extremely easy. :D

Two questions for you:

1) Should alternate audio, like commentary tracks, be coming thorugh in the encoding? I did Apollo 13 over the weekend, but neither of the two commentary tracks shows up on AppleTV.

2) Will DVDs encode as HD...or rather pseudo HD I guess I should say since DVDs are not HD sources...if I choose the HD720 checkbox in the automator script for HandBrake? I guess I am wondering if the video would 'upconvert' for lack of a better term.

And an aside: I have yet to find AppleTV presets in the Handbrake program. Are they buried in some preferences menu somewhere. I encoded some DVDs prior to this method you provided and saw very few options...basically just a quality slider that I set to 70% to get a good looking finished product.

Thanks for any and all answers.

weldon

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2004
Denver, CO
And an aside: I have yet to find AppleTV presets in the Handbrake program. Are they buried in some preferences menu somewhere. I encoded some DVDs prior to this method you provided and saw very few options...basically just a quality slider that I set to 70% to get a good looking finished product.
Check out the "Toggle Presets" button in Handbrake's toolbar (far right side).

jakerules133

macrumors member
Jan 8, 2009
Hi, I have a quick question to ask about using makemkv for this. When I use the over ride check mark to use makemkv instead of fairmount it works like it should, making an mkv file. When I try to use batch encode it says that no video exists. I did a test with fairmount and the batch encode will recognize it and is making a encoded video using the handbrake cli. Is there any way I can use makemkv so i can still batch encode?

Also, a dvd on fairmount has 4000 plus bad sectors and is taking forever, I'm guessing that's just a bad dvd then right?

The only reason I want to is because fairmount is taking forever, and as of right now, I don't know if fairmount is just an unstable app or if my dvd is just bad.

Thanks jedi, you have no idea how much simpler you have made my life already :)

iMerlin

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2008
I dont have a question... yet! I just ran the first part of this tutorial last night. I followed along jedi's excellent tutorial and this thread and was able to get the batch rip service working wonderfully. I am very impressed at how smooth and reliable this is. Ive played with Automator before but never like this. Im very impressed jedi. Thanks so much for putting the hours into this one. Ive done walk throughs before and know how much work they can be, this one is above and beyond!!

Im going to play with the rest of the actions shortly, wish me luck!

Thanks again

EDIT: HAHA, I knew I would run into something!! 3 discs in a row have simply stopped ripping about 5 minutes in. Thoughts? Im sure its something Im missing.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
batchRip.sh v1.0.4

Start: Tue Dec 29 14:13:50 CST 2009
TV Show Output directory: /Users/Merlins_iMac/Movies/Batch Rip TV
Movie Output directory: /Users/Merlins_iMac/Movies/Batch Rip Movies
Use only MakeMKV: Yes
Encode HD Sources: Yes
Growl me when complete: Yes
Eject discs when complete: Yes
Preferred Audio Language: English

WILL COPY THE FOLLOWING DISCS:
LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID

*Scanning BD-ROM: LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID
Will copy the following tracks: 0

*Creating MKV temp file of Track: 0
Copying: 517M

*Extracting Main Video and Audio Track 2: A_PCM/INT/LIT-eng from temp file
progress: 82%
2009-12-29 14:16:12.856 osascript[78219:903] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.

PROCESSING COMPLETE
Disk /Volumes/LOGICAL_VOLUME_ID ejected
End: Tue Dec 29 14:16:33 CST 2009

2009-12-29 14:16:33.062 osascript[78271:903] Error loading /Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: dlopen(/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax/Contents/MacOS/Adobe Unit Types: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
osascript: OpenScripting.framework - scripting addition "/Library/ScriptingAdditions/Adobe Unit Types.osax" declares no loadable handlers.
logout

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
I could do with some guidance as to what im doing wrong here im trying to run the Batch Rip * Batch Encode and im getting the following in the terminal window

Last login: Sun Jan 3 10:14:05 on ttys000
/tmp/batchEncodeTmp.sh ; exit;
Imac:~ phillipgravett$ /tmp/batchEncodeTmp.sh ; exit;

ERROR: mp4tags command tool is not setup to execute
ERROR: attempting to use tool at /usr/local/bin/mp4tags

ERROR: mp4tags command tool could not be found
ERROR: mp4tags can be installed in ./ /usr/local/bin/ /usr/bin/ ~/ or /Applications/

ERROR: growlnotify command tool is not setup to execute
ERROR: attempting to use tool at /usr/local/bin/growlnotify

ERROR: growlnotify command tool could not be found
ERROR: growlnotify can be installed in ./ /usr/local/bin/ /usr/bin/ ~/ or /Applications/

logout

[Process completed]

any ideas, you help would be much appreciated

Regards

Phil G

Philgr

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2005
Lakes - UK
Ignore my post above im sorted

my problem was the /usr/local/bin/ folder was read only and once i changed the permissions all was good :)

I have found that Fairmount to be a bit hit and miss, so i have stated to use Ripit instead

about to start ripping my couple of hundred DVD collection, so im hoping the information in this thread will save me time

Thanks for the info Mac.Jedi

Regards

Phil G

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.