Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kyuugoki

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2009
Coquitlam; BC, Canada
I don't have any games on the comp that aren't either N64 or playstation games. Using the keyboard tends to fare well enough for the 64 games, but I'm currently playing a lot of rpgs for the playstation (Legend of Dragoon currently, and I dare you to try and use the keyboard for that...)

Although I am currently stuck using an old Saitek, since I still can't manage to get the xbox 360 controller up and running since the last couple updates.

Jtur150

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
i think we need a new version for snowleopard because i cant it to install properly. it keeps saying that some file was improperly installed and cannot run. any one else get this?

Jtur150

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
that's the same error that I keep getting.

do you have snow leopard as well? or just leopard. and another thing.. although it said it was properly installed, i went to my system preferences and it was in there. so i connected my plug and play adapter into the computer but it just wont detect it? am i doing some thing wrong or is this a result of it not being properly installed.

jkfx7

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2009
I have Snow Leopard. It worked perfectly in Leopard. Even though it gives me the errors it still shows the icon in system preferences but when I go to open it on my computer it says: To use the “Xbox 360 Controllers” preferences pane, System Preferences must quit and reopen." and once I click ok it reopens into the controller preferences but obviously says no controller found. The adapter is just not seen by Snow Leopard since the drivers aren't compatible with something in the OS.

jkfx7

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2009
I finally found a solution to get the wireless xbox 360 controller working!

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2134285&start=0&tstart=0

scroll down and read the post by IllestFlip that is second from the bottom of the page. The user has included a download of all the files and script to get it all running. It was easy and simple. I restarted my MacBook Pro just to be safe and it works just like it did before. Major thanks to IllestFlip!

Jtur150

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
could you explain how to do all that cause i dont know what to do in the terminal applictaion.

charmedguy18

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2009
Okay got this installed on Snow Leopard. But even with Gamepad Companion, it STILL doesn't work when I try to use it in a game. Gamepad Companion doesn't recognize that it's plugged in and responds only in an odd way by changing selected item in the dropdown menu when I press something on the controller. I don't understand what I'm doing wrong but this is very frustrating.

charmedguy18

macrumors newbie
Sep 6, 2009
could you explain how to do all that cause i dont know what to do in the terminal applictaion.

1. Download this to your "downloads" folder and unzip it. Make sure that this folder is called: "360ControllerInstall"
you can rename it if it's not called this.

2. Open terminal and type:
cd /Users/[your computer username]/Downloads/360ControllerInstall

Now, press enter

3. Then it'll say something like this (this is my name instead of yours of course):
Cavin-Gravess-MacBook-Pro:360ControllerInstall Cavin$

4. After that $ type this:
sudo sh 360ControllerInstall.sh

Now, press enter

5. Type in your administrator password. The text won't show up as being typed so make sure it's typed in right. Then press enter.

6. Once it finishes, it might have errors that it talks about. But as long as it says something about "it's highly recommended that you restart your system" then you're fine. Go ahead and restart your computer and the process will be done.

Jtur150

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2009
it still doesnt work.

Last login: Sun Sep 6 21:51:49 on console
jesse-tureks-macbook-pro:~ jesseturek$ cd /Users/Jesse Turek/Downloads/360ControllerInstall
-bash: cd: /Users/Jesse: No such file or directory
jesse-tureks-macbook-pro:~ jesseturek$ sudo sh 360ControllerInstall.sh
Password:
sh: 360ControllerInstall.sh: No such file or directory
jesse-tureks-macbook-pro:~ jesseturek$

thats what i keep getting.

Richdmoore

macrumors 68000
Jul 24, 2007
Troutdale, OR
I am going to wait for an update, but in the meantime I tried to clear this off my system (as I started getting an error after iTunes 9 installed.)

Here is the files I threw in the trash to get rid of it for now (I was able to look at the installer script to figure out what to remove, I hope I got it right):

/System/Library/Extensions/360Controller.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/Wireless360Controller.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/Wireless360GamingReceiver.kext

/Library/StartupItems/360ControlDaemon/

/Library/PreferencePanes/Pref360Control.prefPane

(DELETE AT OWN RISK)

commanderb

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2009
Has anyone succeeded in getting two controllers to work simultaneously? I've gotten one to work perfect. An additional one will not work though. The wierd thing is the second one will not recognize the driver even when the first one is unplugged. I've tried contacting tatboggie but no response.

commanderb

macrumors newbie
Oct 17, 2009
Ok one site says you can add third party controllers manually. There is a app for the driver in System Prefrences but it says it doesnt recgonize any controllers but the first one works. So i can't add anything.

blckout20

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2006
CT
I just bought a wired XBox 360 controller to use in OS X (10.5.6) but have been unable to get the driver to recognize the controller. The controller just sits there with the green ring flashing, meanwhile the preferences section says "No devices found"

I've used the same controller on the same machine in XP through bootcamp and it works fine there.

I also tried reinstalling the driver a few times, but no luck.

Any thoughts?

I have this same problem. Either the green light flashes on and then just stays off or it sometimes will keep flashing but either way it is not recognized. Has anyone figured out a solution for this?

whaled09

macrumors newbie
Oct 14, 2009
I am going to wait for an update, but in the meantime I tried to clear this off my system (as I started getting an error after iTunes 9 installed.)

Here is the files I threw in the trash to get rid of it for now (I was able to look at the installer script to figure out what to remove, I hope I got it right):

/System/Library/Extensions/360Controller.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/Wireless360Controller.kext
/System/Library/Extensions/Wireless360GamingReceiver.kext

/Library/StartupItems/360ControlDaemon/

/Library/PreferencePanes/Pref360Control.prefPane

(DELETE AT OWN RISK)

Why not just use AppZapper?

fenderstrummer

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
xbox 360 rockband garageband cotroller not working not registering mac

the thread a bunch of people having problems with Tattiebogle driver need is here. I searched for 12 hours to fix this. you follow the instructions of Illestflip in the text second from bottom. download this text he's talking about and open Terminal then type two lines as follows:

cd Downloads/360ControllerInstall (and then hit return)

sudo sh 360ControllerInstall.sh (and then hit return)

That's it!!! Mine started working within a few minutes

P.S. make sure you're hitting return twice not typing in text (and then hit return)

fenderstrummer

macrumors newbie
Nov 28, 2009
xbox 360 rockband garageband cotroller not working not registering mac

the thread a bunch of people having problems with Tattiebogle driver need is here. I searched for 12 hours to fix this. you follow the instructions of Illestflip in the text second from bottom. download this text he's talking about and open Terminal then type two lines as follows:

cd Downloads/360ControllerInstall (and then hit return)

sudo sh 360ControllerInstall.sh (and then hit return)

That's it!!! Mine started working within a few minutes

P.S. make sure you're hitting return twice not typing in text (and then hit return)

:):):cool:

Kyuugoki

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2009
Coquitlam; BC, Canada
Awesome! Thanks for posting the driver update!

The controller now responds properly with the driver, and I have also mapped it out completely via Gamepad Companion. However, it still does not react as those keys would when used outside of the two pref panes (like say; mapping a button to the letter "i", but not having it type "i" when pressed with a text editor open)...unfortunately, it has been so long since this worked last that I can't remember how to make it work properly :(

AGHrg. I'm finally so close; so much so that this relatively mundane problem seems almost comical...almost. So if anyone knows how to remedy this, please let me know. It would be greatly appreciated :)

rch

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2009
Controller performance

Hi, I am a relative newby to gaming on mac. I bought a Logitech cordless rumblepad 2 and tried to use a keyboard emulator of course (which I didn't realize when I bought the controller) which seemed fine until I got it "working" (I think it was Game Carver?? does that sound right?). the left hat I used for movement and performance was fine but the right hat I used for looking and aiming and it was WAY over sensitive or something. I tried changing key sensitivity on both the Sys Pref for the emulator AND mouse sensitivity within Call of Duty 4. I am about to send back but wanted to know if anyone has had this problem and solved it.

On a parallel note, how is the performance of the xbox controller? If I can't get Logitech to work, will return and try Xbox. Thanks in advance. :D

zombieaters

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2009
MadCatz

i can't seem to get my Madcatz xbox360 controller to work with this, its the only one i have thats wired. The light flashes when i first plug it in but then it says no devices found. anyone know how to fix this? i see its a reoccurring problem with some people

adamspeakss

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2009
Borderlands Torrent

I have a Borderlands torrent and I can't seem to get my xbox360 controller to work with it. under options it has gamepad settings but still nothing works with one plugged in. I followed all the steps on this page, does anyone know what may be wrong?

Journojulz

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2008
Knackers!

Trying to get Snow leopard to recognise the mad catz portable drum kit - once it is recognised as a midi file i can then i=use it to play garageband drums!

Got the '360 controller' installed, but nothing shows up in the controller field, probably because the plist file doesn't include it.

Tried duplicating a device in the list with the right name and id but nada.
the thing lights for a second and then nothing.

In "about this mac/usb" it says

Mad Catz Portable Drum Kit:

Product ID: 0x9871
Vendor ID: 0x0738
Version: 4.10
Serial Number: 0B97EB42
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Manufacturer: Mad Catz, Inc.
Location ID: 0xfd313000
Current Available (mA): 100
Current Required (mA): Unknown (Device has not been configured)

so i tried adding the following to the plist

<key>MadCatzPortableDrum</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.mice.driver.Xbox360Controller</string>
<key>IOCFPlugInTypes</key>
<dict>
<key>F4545CE5-BF5B-11D6-A4BB-0003933E3E3E</key>
<string>360Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Feedback360.plugin</string>
</dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>Xbox360ControllerClass</string>
<key>IOKitDebug</key>
<integer>65535</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>0x9871</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>0x0738</integer>
</dict>

even tried converting the id no from hex to dec, no dice

<key>MadCatzPortableDrumKit</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.mice.driver.Xbox360Controller</string>
<key>IOCFPlugInTypes</key>
<dict>
<key>F4545CE5-BF5B-11D6-A4BB-0003933E3E3E</key>
<string>360Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/Feedback360.plugin</string>
</dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>Xbox360ControllerClass</string>
<key>IOKitDebug</key>
<integer>65535</integer>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>39025</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>1848</integer>
</dict>

=========

Any ideas?

I want to be able to play drums with this thing by various midi mapping, but am stuck. Any ideas fellas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.